About the organisation
The National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (hereinafter referred as NUSRL) was established by the State of Jharkhand by way of the enactment known as the National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi Act, 2010 (Jharkhand Act 04, 2010).
About the project
The UNDP-GEF project aims at implementing the central concerns of the Nagoya Protocol, i.e., the fair and equitable sharing of the benefits arising out of the utilization of genetic resources.
Therefore, the project seeks to achieve the said goal by undertaking the following initiatives:
- To strengthen the legal, policy and institutional capacity to develop the national ABS framework.
- To encourage all the concerned stakeholders particularly indigenous and local communities through different awareness programmes to come forward in pursuit of making the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002 more effective.
About the workshop
Two days advance regional workshop in biodiversity laws is being organised by The National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi.
Dates: 17th and 18th May
The Regional Workshop on “Conservation of Biological Diversity and Access and Benefit Sharing” is being organized by the NUSRL, Ranchi in association with the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru under the aegis of the UNDP-GEF Global Access and Benefit Sharing Project on “Strengthening Human Resources, Legal Frameworks and Institutional Capacities to Implement the Nagoya Protocol”.
The ever-increasing strain on biological diversity all over the world necessitates addressing all the associated problems by creating awareness and adopting well-coordinated measures towards this end among all the stakeholders.
Needless to say that the biodiversity issue itself is a multidisciplinary area, which has an interface with various disciplines such as Environmental Science, Law and Agriculture Science etc.
Therefore, this workshop is intended to bring all possible stakeholders such as research scholars interested or working in the biodiversity area, research institutions and Non-governmental ABOUT REGIONAL WORKSHOP ABOUT NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF STUDY AND RESEARCH IN LAW, RANCHI ABOUT UNDP-GEF PROJECT Organizations on a single platform and to impart advanced training to them in order to conserve and preserve biodiversity.
This workshop is aimed at creating wide awareness among different stakeholders with a view to conserving and preserving the biodiversity for a better and safe future.
Therefore, academicians, bio-tech Industry professionals, environmentalists, NGOs representatives, lawyers, research scholars, students, scientists and the people working specifically in the area of biodiversity conservation can apply.
- The total number of seats for the workshop is 60.
- The university reserves the right to select the participants in case of the overwhelming response.
- There is no registration fee for the workshop.
- The refreshments and meals will be provided to all the participants by the organizer.
- There is no accommodation facility available on the campus; therefore, all the participants are requested to make their own arrangements for attending the workshop.
- The travelling expenses may be reimbursed only to the outstation participants on the production of tickets to a maximum of Rs. 1,000/- (To and fro from the shortest route).
Duly filled in Registration Form has to be mailed to cbdworkshop2019[at]gmail.com.
Last Date for the Submission of Duly Filled in Registration Form (Scanned Copy through Email): April 30, 2019
Intimation to the Selected Participants: May 5, 2019.
Abhishek Kumar (Faculty): +91-9123279085/8580322066
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.