[UPDATE 2, April 10, 11 PM]: Protest photos and ‘call for support’ number .
[UPDATE 1, April 10, 10.30 PM]: NUSRL Administration has issued the below notice:
NUSRL is the most expensive NLU in the country, a student pays approximately 1,90,000/- for two semesters, yet the facilities, academic and non-academic alike fall despicably short of appropriate standards, the administration teems with nepotism, neglect and shows negligible concern for actual welfare and Development of the institution.
Apart from the vice chancellor, there is no faculty holding the rank of Professor, the campus lacks all weather roads.
The internet facilities provided are reminiscent of stone age, the mess food, apart from lacking taste and nutrition is cooked in the most unhealthy and unhygienic method possible.
The sewage drains are uncovered, the campus is infested with approximately 50 stray dogs.
Mosquitoes, snakes and rodents roam the campus freely. The administrative block stands deserted till as late as 12 noon, with the office bearers including the vice-chancellor turning up stylishly late.
There is a biometric attendance recorder for the fourth grade staff, logic should elude everyone, on why the same practice is not followed for teaching and other non-teaching staff.
The answer scripts are evaluated with the name of the student displayed on the scripts and not by the coding method all the world uses.
Teaching staff, apart from being incompetent to do justice to their allotted subjects have taken up Ph.D courses in the university, often citing the same workload to skip classes.
Some teaching faculty also hold administrative posts (Dean Student Welfare, Registrar, Dean Academics and Controller of Examination), cite administrative workload for not doing justice to the subject and cite academic workload when asked about administrative shortcomings.
The University uses every means possible to collect fines from students, almost giving the future lawyers of the country an illusion that your pocket can bail you out of any misdemeanour.
If one looks at the appointments (academic and non-academic alike) one can clearly comprehend that people belonging to certain Regions have always been given preference in this institute.
Whoever has the authority of appointment makes good measure to fill the vacancies with their kith and kin.
One fails to attach any logic behind the appointment of a native of Varanasi as the Caretaker of the Boy’s Hall of residence, who ironically lives outside the premises of the University, is available only from 10 AM to 5 PM, a time period when most of the residents of the Hostels are or are supposed to be in the academic block.
Broadly, our demands can be summarized as below:
All stakeholders, including the students, the State Government, the High Court and the University administration with the consensus of all strive to fulfill the following demands:-
1. Complete Administrative overhaul, including the resignation or removal of Vice-Chancellor and Registrar from their posts owing to gross negligence, mismanagement and allegation of corruption.
An experienced and competent administrator be appointed on a temporary basis till an able Vice-Chancellor and Registrar is appointed with the consensus of all stakeholders.
2. Being an Autonomous University, created by the Act of Jharkhand Legislative Assembly, the financial records of the University be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India or any other unbiased external authority.
3. The annual Audit reports of the Accounts of the University, which is to be prepared by it under Sections 24 (ii) and (iii) of NUSRL Act, 2010, should be immediately published.
4. Release of funds by the State Government for the payment of dues to the Central Public Works Department and the completion of the proposed master plan of the University under Entry 23(1) (a) in Schedule of NUSRL Act, 2010.
5. A Review Commission be appointed by the Chancellor of the University as under Section 23(1) of the NUSRL Act, 2010.