About the University
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi was instituted in the year 2010 by Act No. 4 of Jharkhand State Assembly. The University has subsequently been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in September 2018 and the Bar Council of India (BCI).
About the Center for Criminal Law
Center for Criminal Law was established in 2017 to study the contemporary issues and challenges in criminal law. Center for Criminal Law has been one of the most active academic societies in the area of criminal law in NUSRL.
The Center provides to future lawmakers and lawyers an opportunity to understand the depth of the criminal justice system and develop strategies to mitigate the threat to this system. Center promotes and encourages research in the field of criminal law and is constantly involved in organizing events in the said sphere of law.
About the Book
IEA@150 is a book to mark the completion of 150 years of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872. Science and technology have evolved so much that the means of commission of an offence is no more limited to the use of conventional ways of committing an offence.
The cyber world has also seen drastic evolution leading to the enactment of the Information Technology Act, 2000. The mode of production of evidence in Court is also not the same anymore. Now, evidence may also be given in the form of electronic means.
In the present day, the personal information of people is no more personal. The data is used to commit different forms of crimes from a distant place. In 150 years the society has evolved so much that it has learnt different means of committing offences including means of destroying and preserving the evidence.
The Indian Evidence Act, 1872 is considered as a masterpiece in itself as it has managed to survive the modern changes. The main objective of the book is to understand the working of the Indian Evidence Act since its enactment and to assess how far the legislation has achieved its purpose.
The book will help students, research scholars, advocates, judges and teachers to have a panoramic view of the functioning and developments in the field of law of evidence. The Center for Criminal Law has taken the initiative of inviting papers on the subject which will be published under the aegis of Center for Criminal Law, NUSRL, Ranchi.
Patron: (Professor) Dr. Kesava Rao, Vurrakula Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, NUSRL Ranchi
- Mr. Shubham Srivastava Assistant Professor of Law, NUSRL Ranchi
- Mr. Anubhav Kumar Assistant Professor of Law, NUSRL Ranchi
- Dr. Julian Seal Pasari Assistant Professor of Law, NUSRL Ranchi
- The work submitted shall be the original and unpublished work of the author.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- The papers should not be indicative of any political or religious bias.
- Word Limit (Exclusive of Footnotes): 4000-8000 Words
- Citation: The Citation style should be in consonance with Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The body of the paper shall be: Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5
- Citations Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 10 and Line Spacing: 1
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, centre-aligned.
- The copyright shall vest in the University.
- All submissions shall be sent through email at: ccl[at]nusrlranchi.ac.in in Microsoft Word (.doc or.docx) format.
- The subject title for the email must be ‘IEA@150’.
- The author must send in the cover letter in the body of the email, which must contain all the relevant details: (Name of the author(s), Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Phone Number and Email ID).
- Co-Authorship is limited up to two only.
- An abstract of 500 words shall be sent via email latest by 15th June 2021.
- The Last Date for submission of the final paper is 31st August 2021.
- The decision of the Editorial Committee shall be final and binding.
E-mail ID: ccl[at]nusrlranchi.ac.in
Mr. Shubham Srivastava: Assistant Professor of Law, NUSRL Ranchi 
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.