NUJS Kolkata, Centre for Aviation and Space Laws is organising an International Conference on ‘Space Tourism: Legal Dimensions’ on 29th January 2022.
About the Organiser
The Centre for Aviation and Space Laws was created under the aegis of Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat and Dr. Shouvik Kumar Guha to explore, understand, analyse and critique the legal developments and needs in the sphere of aviation and space laws.
The Centre intends to promote research and awareness about air and space law among people from both academic and industry backgrounds and this necessarily involves the conduct of regular conferences as well as producing quality research output in the form of research projects and publications.
It expects wide participation from lawmakers, industrialists, scholars and students to analyse the global impact on national civil aviation industries in each jurisdiction.
Details of the Event
Centre for Aviation and Space Laws of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences finds it timely to organise an international conference to map the current developments, domestic and international regulatory responses, and the legal ramifications of the same in the backdrop of the myriad developments taking place in this sector.
The goal of this conference is to find out the true nature and extent of the various legal challenges that regulation of space tourism may face, and to explore possible solutions to such challenges, as well as to review the various attempts being made or to be made to develop and nurture such solutions by the public and private stakeholders involved.
As this academic exercise is on the current concern faced by the international community, participation from various segments of society is expected. While academicians, students and researchers would benefit immensely from the discussions, the legal practitioners would also be able to acquaint themselves with this emerging branch of law.
With the participation of internationally renowned space law experts as resource persons, even the lawmakers and other government representatives would be benefitted out of their participation in this international conference.
The Conference shall be conducted online, through Google Meet.
- The time stipulated in this programme schedule is in Indian Standard Time (IST). Resource persons and participants from abroad may please take note of it.
- All resource persons are requested to login at least 15 minutes before the beginning of their respective session (We would certainly prefer your presence throughoutthe conference).
- All participants should login at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the Seminar. Certificate would be issued to only those participants who participate in all sessions.
- All PowerPoint Presentations (PPT) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2022.
- All paper presenters should strictly adhere to the time limit.
- Organisers are not responsible for any problem with Internet connectivity. In case of loss of Internet connectivity during presentations, the opportunity would be given to the next presenter.
Interested individuals may register here. The specific registration details may be viewed on the brochure [given at the end of the post].
- Early Bird Registration Fee for Paper Presenters/Participants (within India): Rs. 500/-
- Registration Fee for Paper Presenters/Participants at Normal Rate (within India): Rs. 1000/-
- Early Bird Registration Fee for Paper Presenters/Participants (outside India): USD 20/-
- Registration Fee for Paper Presenters/Participants at Normal Rate (outside India): USD 50/-
All charges relating to the payment of the registration fee are to be borne by the paper presenter/participant. Screenshot of the payment details should be uploaded during registration.
Registration fee, once paid, would not be refunded for any reason.
The registration fee has to be paid via online transfer to the following account:
- Name: Centre for Aviation and Space Laws Account No: 066322010001131
- Bank & Branch: Union Bank of India, NUJS Campus Branch
- IFSC Code: UBIN0906638
- SWIFT Code: UBININBBKOD
Invited resource persons, members of CASL (NUJS) and students of NUJS are exempted from the payment of the registration fee.
- Last date for Early Bird Registration: January 1, 2022
- Last date for Normal Registration: January 25, 2022
- Conference Date: January 29, 2022
For queries, kindly contact Mr. Rohit Gupta (+91-8854988106) or Ms. Anushna Mishra (+91-9938585376).