This question was asked to Tanuj Kalia on his Career Advice page here.
Firstly, some quick disclosures:
1. iPleaders advertises on Lawctopus.
2. Ramanuj and Abhyudaya (co-founders of iPleaders) are good friends of mine.
3. I am a graduate of NUJS, Kolkata.
However, while answering your question I’ll be donning an advisor’s hat which means I’ll try to be as objective and helpful as I can be.
I think it’s a great course because:
1. You get a diploma from a leading National Law University (this means that the quality checks are in place and that the certificate carries ‘weight’).
2. It teaches you practical skills (which means that it will help you ace internships and job interviews).
3. The guys at iPleaders put in a lot of effort into this program.
I know for a fact that they are working hard to make the course awesome (be it through their own career advisory and placement initiative, webinars etc.)
Now, this is important:
NO law firm or company will give you the job just because you’ve done some course.
They’ll test you on what you’ve learnt and what additional skills and knowledge you bring to the table because of that course.