Indian Mediation Week is a pan-India awareness campaign run by ODRways in collaboration with the WBNUJS, Kolkata with support from Union Ministry of Law & Justice, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs and Supreme Court Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee.
The application is open to all students enrolled in undergraduate or post-graduate courses from any recognized university/college across India, research scholars in the field of law and practicing lawyers.
Themes (any one of the following)
- Commercial Mediation in India
- Need for Healthcare Mediation in India
- Mediation versus Arbitration in India
- Mediation as a Profession in India
- Mediation Ethics in India
- Mediation in Criminal Disputes in India
- Registration Link: Click here.
- The registration fee for the competition is as follows:
- Single Author: ₹ 1200
- Co-authorship (two authors): ₹ 1800 (total)
- Co-authorship (three authors): ₹ 2400 INR (total)
- Modes of payment of the registration fee:
- Paytm: +91 9778888779
- Net Banking/NEFT/RTGS/IMPS:
Account Name – Student Juridical Association
Account number – 520101246976299
Name & Address of the Bank Branch – Corporation Bank, NUJS Branch, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700098
IFSC Code – CORP0000663
Branch Code – 0663
- First prize: ₹ 10,000 cash + Felicitation at the Press Release of Indian Mediation Week (February 2019)
- Second Prize: ₹ 7,000 cash + Felicitation at the Press Release of Indian Mediation Week (February 2019)
- Third Prize: ₹ 5,000 cash + Felicitation at the Press Release of Indian Mediation Week (February 2019)
- First to Fifth Entries: Eligible to co-author a book on “The applicability of Mediation in Healthcare sector” to be published by Eastern Book Company.
- First to Fifteenth Entries: Top 15 entries shall be published on the ODRways website.
- First to Twentieth Entries: Eligible for participation in the internship screening process.
The eligible candidates shall be selected for the internships through a separate screening process, which shall be open to the authors/co-authors of top twenty submissions.
The selected top ten successful candidates at the end of the screening process will be getting an assured internship, in accordance with their rank, at the following places:
- Tier I Law firms Internship;
- Judicial Internships (High Court judges)
- ADR Internships (Mediation Centres)
- NGOs (International and Domestic)
The details of the screening process can be found here: Click here.
All the entries will be recognized with a participation certificate.
How to submit
Entries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date to register for the competition is December 1, 2018 (Saturday). Please note that no application for registration shall be entertained after the deadline.
Word Limit: 3,000 to 5,000 words (Exclusive of footnotes and abstract).
Deadline: 2359 hours, December 28, 2018 (Friday).
For any further information/clarification, please reach out to:
Avnish Kumar Singh: 7903629219.
Anshuman Panigrahi: 9778888779.
Apoorva Singh: 9918344934.
Aastha Sharma: 8583973520.
Aryan Mohindroo: 9073007085.
Address: The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), 12, LB Block, Sector 3, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal. Pin Code: 700098.
For further details, please visit the below links.
NUJS-IMW Essay Competition Page
Internship Screening Process