For lawyers working in the field of international economic law or international business law it is not anymore sufficient to only have a good doctrinal knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations.
To be a competent advisor to public policy makers and businesses, lawyers also need a thorough understanding of the economic activities that international trade laws govern.
In this class we introduce participants to the relevant management and economic theory that help them to understand the economic logic that underlies these laws. We will start our inquiry by analyzing the major risk sources that can potentially hinder international trade.
On this basis we examine which legal and financial solutions countries and businesses can rely on in order to protect their trade activities. In our analysis we combine both, a macroeconomic, i.e. public law and a microeconomic, i.e. private law perspective on the relevant economic issues.
Course participants will thus be able to better understand the functioning of the globalized economy and the problems and needs of businesses that participate in cross-border transactions.
The class ends with a comprehensive cases study in which participants have to actively apply the acquired knowledge.
The Law and Economics of International Trade: [09-12-2016 to 22-12-2016]
Number of participants for the course will be limited to fifty.
Who Should Attend
- You are a lawyer that consults manufacturing and service companies which engage in international trade and cross-border transactions.
- You are a graduate student (Master/PhD) or faculty member from an academic institution or technical institution who is interested in the law and economics of international trade.
- You are an undergraduate students (Bachelor) and you can demonstrate a high interest in the topic of this class and an exceptionally strong academic performance.
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
- Student Participants – Rs. 2500
- Industry / Research Organizations: Rs. 3000/-
- Academic Institutions: Rs. 3000/-
The above fee includes all instructional materials.
Interested participants should fill-up the application form enclosed and send it along with proof of payment (in case payment is made through NEFT/RTGS) or with the demand draft to
Vaneeta Patnaik, The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences, 12, LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700098 by November 30, 2016.
For necessary payment details, please refer to the enclosed form here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.