NUJS Advanced Certification in Information Technology and Social Media Law
Three kinds of cyber crime are making the news these days in India:-
- Cyber crime against people, which involves harassment, stalking and social networking crimes;
- cyber crime against property in the form of hacking, damage to computer source code or spreading the virus in a computer
- Cyber crime against nations in the form of cyber war
With close to 80% population being internet users in India, companies/startups taking to digital storage and dissemination of data, increasing the popularity of e-banking, e-commerce, e-ticketing and even e-governance, there will undoubtedly be a need for good cyber lawyers in the future.
Cyber lawyer’s day-to-day affairs involve sharing opinions with large corporate houses, attending sessions in court, drafting legal notices and agreements and consulting clients.
Lawyers and business consultants have immense opportunity to develop a thriving practice in the following sunrise industries:
Online reputation management
Software as A Service (SAAS) and Cloud Computing
These emerging industries need capable legal professionals and consultants, but there are few lawyers who know practical aspects of IT business, and most lawyers are unable to provide high quality legal support. One cannot become an effective IT lawyer just by studying the Information Technology Act. If you want to practice in this area, it is imperative to acquire a range of skills and industry perspectives.
This course is built to fulfil this need. Learn to negotiate, draft and conduct IT due diligences. Acquire a deep understanding of the various IT industries and their legal needs.
Can you create legal strategy for technology disputes and technology-related risks?
Do you know the different business models that can be used by outsourcing vendors?
Do you know how IT contracts work? Can you draft a Master Services Agreement, End-User License Agreement, a payment gateway agreement or a cloud computing agreement?
Can you advise a technology business on legal compliances and due diligence and how to handle personal information?
Can you conduct an IT and IP audit for a software company?
Do you know the rules for presenting electronic evidence before a court, or how to obtain and defend against e-discovery orders from a court?
What is the legal recourse for victims of email and phishing scams in India?
NUJS introduces the Advanced Certification in Information Technology and Social Media Law, which, for the first time brings practical insights from top information technology lawyers, successful businessmen and experienced investors.
- How to handle cybercrime – legal actions and procedures
- How to enter into valid international transactions online, involving cross-border entities across multiple jurisdictions
- How to determine appropriate business structures for outsourcing and e-commerce ventures
- How to perform IT specific due diligence and compliance activities for online businesses
- How to mitigate and manage online reputational risks for organisations
The course will be conducted online.
Other features of the course:
- Learn anytime and from any location – 24 x 7 access available on mobile and tablet devices (Android) and on web.
- Faculty includes experts from the most reputed corporate law firms. Get doubts cleared in 24 hours
- Learning materials comprise of video discussions with experts, animation, study materials, checklists. Access sample agreements and approval applications
- Get doubts cleared within 24 hours over a discussion forum
- Those who complete the course successfully will receive certification from NUJS, Kolkata – certification will be based on performance in an online test.
Law students, lawyers, chartered accountants, company secretaries, businessmen and IT entrepreneurs, consultants and self-employed professionals, information technology professionals, MBA and BBA students, engineering students, Fraud investigators.
The course fee is INR 5000. Admissions are open.
To enroll click HERE and click on the Enrollment tab to know about the registration procedure.
You have to fill an online form and courier it to NUJS Kolkata (address can be found on the website) along with two passport size photograph and a recent self attested marksheet.
To understand how this course functions or how it can help you in your career, contact us at 7291984273 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org