About the organisation
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), formerly National Institute for Advanced Legal Studies, is a uni-disciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education. It is the only National Law University in the state of Kerala.
About the Essay Writing Competition
The Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, National University of Advanced Legal Studies is organizing the 5th CIPR National Level Essay Competition. The Centre seeks essays on the theme: “Intellectual Property Rights and Sports” with the following sub-themes:
- Patents and the role of Technology in Sports
- Copyright, broadcasting rights and Sports
- Brand building in the sports world (Trademarks and Sports)
- Essays need not be limited to the above sub-themes.
The competition is open to LLB and LLM students studying in any of the recognized Law. Schools/Colleges/Departments of the Universities.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to cipr[at]nuals.ac.in.
- The essay should be in English, not exceeding 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Only one essay per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The essay should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subjected to a limit of a maximum of two authors per submission.
- The cover page should include Name, Address, email id, Contact number and the name of the College/University along with address and class of the Participant. In the case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of both the authors.
- No part of the submission should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
- Duly filled Declaration Form (available here) must accompany the essay.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and CIPR shall be final and conclusive.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of the citation 20th edition.
- The Submissions are to be made in Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, Footnote size: 10
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
The last date for the submission of the essay is 11:59 pm, 18th August 2019.
- First Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
In case of any queries, mails can be sent to cipr[at]nuals.ac.in.