The International Law and Policy Society of NLUO and HRLN are organizing a webinar series on ‘Contemporary Developments in Human Rights’.
The International Law and Policy Society has been established to provide through research, publications, seminars, conferences, projects and engagement, a platform for intellectual dialogue on contemporary issues of international law. The emphasis of this society is on public international law and international affairs. The society aims to engage with various stakeholders such as scholars, universities, policymakers, think tanks, law firms and intergovernmental organisations.
ILPS currently runs its own blog and publishes its own newsletters, apart from organising lectures, webinars and conferences to provide a platform for in-depth study and productive discussions on current issues in international law.
About Human Rights Law Network
Human Rights Law Network is a division of the Socio-Legal Information Centre (SLIC), a registered Society and Trust which has been established to partner with coalitions and social movements in India for providing free legal aid and legal literacy programmes throughout India.
This coalition comprises NGOs, social movements, academics, students, activists, researchers, judges and lawyers in 24 states in India, dedicated to the use of the legal system to advance human rights, struggle against violations, and ensure access to justice for all.
About the Webinar Series
ILPS in collaboration with Human Rights Law Network is organizing a Webinar Series on ‘Contemporary Developments in Human Rights’ being conducted from October 16 to 31, 2021.
The Webinar Series has been designed in order to spread knowledge on the issues related to Human Rights during and after the pandemic. The Series aims to cover, through the course of six lectures, most of the contemporary developments in the sphere of social security, gender justice and woman rights in the country along with a special focus on the instances of violation as well as non-implementation of the existing Human Rights Laws.
The faculty for the series constitutes renowned lawyers, academicians and scholars engaged in the field of Human Rights and its advancement in India.
- Start Date: October 16, 2021
- End Date: October 31, 2021
- Tentative Timings: Every weekend; 4:30 to 6:30 PM.
Certification Available: Students can also opt for a certification examination, passing which certificates would be handed over to the student.
- Examination: In order to get obtain a validation certificate, in the end of the webinar series, the attendee wishing to get a validation certificate shall pass an examination of 30 marks which would evaluate their understanding of the lectures. The exam will contain both objective and subjective questions. The results will be published within a week of the examination.
- The attendees enrolling for the certification will also be invited to submit a blog on any of the topics taught in the course within a period of 21 days of the webinar series, the best of which, after going through the editorial process, will be published on the society’s website.
- The Webinar Series is for free, however, the certification fee is Rs.50/- only.
- The Fees can be submitted through Paytm/Gpay/UPI to the following:
- Bank Name: SBI
- Account Holder Name: Naimisha Tayi (Treasurer, ILPS)
- UPI Id: tayinaimisha77@oksbi
- Mobile Number: 7673991217
- The attendees registering for certification need to upload proof of payment in the registration form attached here.