About the organisations and competition
The Centre for Maritime Law, NLUO in collaboration with Ganesh & Company, Mumbai is organising the 1st NLUO – Ganesh & Co. National Maritime Law Essay Writing Competition, 2019.
This competition bestows to act as a perfect opportunity for students to nurture their research and writing skills in the field of Maritime Law. Maritime Law is a fundamental branch that governs commerce and navigation on the sea.
It regulates a broad ambit of claims related to customs and excise regulation; fishing industries; insurance claim; employment issues of crew members; pollution by vessels; salvage operation; and piracy, etc. Awareness of such an important field is very much required among law students and legal fraternity.
Also, through this essay competition, the Centre seeks to encourage scholarly discussion among the students from the field of law.
We welcome submissions from all law students enrolled in 5 Year Integrated LLB, 3 Year LLB, LLM programme.
- Jurisdictional and enforcement issues in International Maritime Laws.
- Drafting of national laws to complement international law for effective enforcement: Indian context.
- Maritime boundaries and dispute in Indian Ocean Region.
- The role of arbitration in shipping law.
- Piracy and Maritime Terrorism.
- Autonomous Ships, and investment decisions.
- Effect of climate change on Maritime Zones.
- Emerging technological trends in Shipping and Maritime Industry.
- Environmental impact through shipping.
- Intersection of Human Rights and Maritime Law Enforcement.
Note: The above-given themes are merely illustrative, participants are free to choose any theme/topic which pertains to maritime and shipping law.
- There is no registration fee for this competition.
- The participants are required to register through this Google form on or before 11:59 pm, July 25, 2019.
- Essays must be sent by email at cmlnluoessay[at]gmail.com with the Subject “Submission for 1st NLUO – Ganesh & Co. National Maritime Law Essay Writing Competition 2019”. Kindly attach your University/college identity card or bonafide certificate with the mail to help us verify your credentials.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm, July 28, 2019. Any submission received beyond the deadline will be rejected.
Note: Both the registration date and the date of submissions are different.
Prizes and Affirmative Benefit
- All the participants will be awarded a certificate of participation.
- First Prize: Cash reward of 10,000 INR, one-month Internship with our Partner Ganesh & Co. and publication on official Centre for Maritime Law Blog.
- Second Prize: Cash reward 6,000 INR and publication on official Centre for Maritime Law Blog.
- Third Prize: Cash reward 4,000 INR and publication on official Centre for Maritime Law Blog.
- In addition to the top three winners, 7 selected essays will be published on the official blog of Centre for Maritime Law (CML Blog) and the participants will be awarded a publication certificate.
- Last Date of Registration: July 25th 2019
- Last date of Submission: August 1st 2019
- Date of Declaration of Results: September 20th 2019
Avni Sharma: +91-6265074179
Kartik Bhalotiya: +91-7990316348
For more information refer to the Brochure.
Please find the official notification here
The website link is here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.