The Centre for Cyber Laws & the Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University Delhi are pleased to host a panel discussion on online privacy and data protection issues under the Data Protection Bill 2019 including focused discussion on the recent change announced in the WhatsApp policy, contours of non-personal data under the 2019 Bill and online surveillance by the government as well as non-government bodies.
Date and Time: Saturday, 30th January 2021 from 11:00-1:00 Hours
For full details of the NLUD Panel Discussion on Data Protection Bill, click here.
- Dr. Gulshan Rai, Former Director-General, Cert-In
- Prof.(Dr.) Sudhir Krishnaswamy, Vice-Chancellor, NLSIU, Bangaluru
- Sh. Vijayashankar Nagaraja Rao, Chairman, Foundation of Data Protection Professionals of India (FDPPI)
- Ms. Rama Vedashree, CEO, Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
- Moderator: Ms. Kritika Agrawal, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India
- Welcome by Dr. Aparajita Bhatt, Director, Centre for Cyber Laws, NLUD (11:00- 11:05 Hours)
- Address by Prof. Srikrishna Deva Rao, Vice-Chancellor, NLUD (11:05-11:15 Hours)
- Introduction of the Panelists and Moderator (11:15-11:20 Hours)
- Initial Comments by the Moderator (11:20-25 Hours)
- Address by each panelist (11:25-12:40 Hours)
- Questions to the Panellists (12:40-12:55 Hours)
- Vote of Thanks- By Smitha Krishna Prasad, Director, CCG, NLUD (12:55-1:00 Hours)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.