Corporate Law Society [“CLS”], National Law University [“NLU”], Jodhpur is pleased to announce the 4th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Competition, 2019 in memory of Ms. Pranita Mehta, an exceptional student of NLU, Jodhpur.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
About Ms. Pranita Mehta:
An epitome of excellence and diligence, Ms. Pranita Mehta was an outstanding student at NLU, Jodhpur (Batch of 2017). She had been a part of the CLS since its inception and was associated with the Society as an Adviser in 2016.
In addition to leading a formidable academic career both at school and university, she was second to none when it came to extra-curricular activities.
Throughout her time in NLU, Jodhpur, Pranita performed exceptionally well in her academic endeavors and was the recipient of several accolades at various international moot court competitions.
Pranita, a corporate law enthusiast, was also amongst the first ones in her batch to get recruited by one of India’s Tier-1 law firms. She personified not just the ideal student but also embodied the right mix of charm and cheerfulness. Also known as a dynamic all-rounder, Pranita touched everyone’s lives by becoming a major source of inspiration and delight.
1. A new world for corporate whistleblowers: Changes in the Insider Trading Laws in India.
2. The future of shares issued with differential voting rights in the Indian corporate regime.
3. Decriminalization of corporate offences in India: Should it be permitted?
4. The obligation to give back: The changing face of Corporate Social Responsibility in India.
Last Date of Submission of the Essay: January 10, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Declaration of the results: First week of March, 2020
Winners shall be awarded the following prize money:
i. First Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
ii. Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
iii. Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
CLS is immensely grateful to Late Ms. Pranita Mehta’s parents for sponsoring the prize money for the Competition. Top ten submissions shall be given merit certificates.
1. The submission shall be made only in MS-Word format (.doc/.docx). PDF form shall not be accepted.
2. Submission shall be in the English language.
3. Submission shall be typewritten in an A4 sized document with a 1-inch margin on all sides and be justified.
The main text of the submission shall be in Font Times New Roman 12-point. Further, footnotes shall be in Font Times New Roman 10-point.
The participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
4. Submission should be 1.5 spaced (except footnotes which may be single-spaced).
5. Word limit of the submission is 3,000 words (excluding abstract and footnotes). Abstract should not be more than 300 words.
6. Any submission that is found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition.
7. The participant shall not include his/her name in the submission’s text in any form.
8. Co-authorship is not allowed. 9. Any previously published entry would not be permitted.
10. Copyright of the submission shall remain with CLS.
11. In case of any conflicts, the CLS shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
A soft copy of the submission in word format has to be mailed to [email protected]
The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: Pranita Mehta Essay Competition, 2019”.
The participant shall name the file as “Participant’s name_Topic”.
A cover letter in PDF form with the following details also needs to be submitted along with the essay:
- Name of the participant
- Year and Course (UG/PG)
- University Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Address (for delivery of the certificate)