Corporate Law Society (CLS), National Law University (NLU) Jodhpur is pleased to announce the 1st Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Competition, 2016 in memory of Ms. Pranita Mehta, an exceptional student of NLU, Jodhpur.
About Ms. Pranita Mehta An epitome of excellence and diligence, Ms. Pranita Mehta was an outstanding student at NLU, Jodhpur (Batch of 2017). She had been a part of the CLS since its inception and was associated with the Society as an Adviser in 2016. In addition to leading a formidable academic career both at school and university, she was second to none when it came to extra-curricular activities.
Throughout her time in NLU, Jodhpur, Pranita performed exceptionally well in her academic endeavors and was the recipient of several accolades at various international moot court competitions. Pranita, a corporate law enthusiast, was also amongst the first ones in her batch to get recruited by one of India’s Tier-1 law firms.
She personified not just the ideal student but also embodied the right mix of charm and cheerfulness. Also known as a dynamic all-rounder, Pranita touched everyone’s lives by becoming a major source of inspiration and delight.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or post-graduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
1. Self-listing of stock exchanges: Should it be permitted?
2. Fantasy trading and legality thereof
3. Effects of gender diversification in the Company’s Board of Directors
4. Amendments to the Indo-Mauritius Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty: A step in the right direction?
1. Submission shall be made only in MS-Word format (.doc/.docx). PDF form shall not be accepted.
2. Submission shall be in English language.
3. Submission shall be typewritten in an A4 sized document with 1-inch margin on all sides and be justified. Main text of the submission shall be in Font Times New Roman 12-point. Further, footnotes shall be in Font Times New Roman 10-point. Participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
4. Submission should be 1.5 spaced (except footnotes which may be single-spaced).
5. Word limit of the submission is 3,000 words (excluding abstract and footnotes). Abstract should not be more than 300 words.
6. Any submission that is found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition and the participant would not be entitled to any certificate.
7. Participant shall not include his/her name in the submission’s text in any form.
8. Co-authorship is not allowed.
9. Any previously published entry would not be permitted.
10. Copyright of the submission shall remain with CLS.
11. In case of any conflicts, the CLS shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
Consent of Participation’ shall be mailed to [email protected] along with a bona fide certificate from the participant’s university and the following details:
i. Name of the participant
ii. Year and Course (UG/PG)
iii. University Name
iv. Contact Phone Number
v. Address (for delivery of the certificate)
No registration fee is required for participation.
A soft copy of the submission has to be mailed to [email protected]
Subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: Pranita Mehta Essay Competition, 2016”.
Participant shall name the file as “Participant’s name_Topic”. Important Deadlines:
Last Date of Registration: 15th November, 2016 (11:59 pm)
Last Date of Submission of the Essay: 15th January, 2017 (11:59 pm)
Declaration of the Results
First week of March, 2017 Prizes: Winners shall be awarded the following prize money:
i. First Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
ii. Second Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
iii. Third Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
Top ten submissions shall be given merit certificates.
Any queries may be directed to [email protected] or the following:
1. Shivesh Aggarwal, Convenor, CLS: +91-9799558526
2. Dishi Bhomawat, Convenor, CLS: +91-9001921926
3. Khusboo Agarwal, Adviser, CLS: +91-9799568309
4. Varun Mansinghka, Adviser, CLS: +91-8094860084