About the Programme
NLUD has established National Academy of Law Teachers (NALT) to improve quality of teaching and research in Law and other Social Sciences. The NALT, since its inception, has been promoting and protecting teaching-learning methodology for the purposes of training/grooming faculty members for the quality teaching, research and curriculum development across the nation.
Keeping in view the Charter of objectives of the NALT sought to be achieved, the NALT has been organising orientation, refresher and capacity building programmes for teachers on law and social sciences courses involving professionals/ experts from India and Abroad.
The said CDP is designed to empower social science teachers and research scholars to assimilate the basic principles of applied research methodology. The program will concentrate on the practicing research methodology for conducting any type of research in social sciences. This endeavour will also promote inter-disciplinary research culture in social science.
The said research programme is designed to inculcate advanced research skills of applied research methodology or research methodology in actions amongst the social science teachers & researchers in India. This program would focus on the following objectives for the empowerment of teachers/research scholars in Legal education:
- To critically study and apply the fundamentals of research methodology
- To empower all the stakeholders of legal education and research to practice research methodology while conducting research.
- To discuss and analyse the teaching-learning methodology of research methodology and SPSS software for the purpose of statistical analysis of data.
- To look into the existing curriculum of research methodology and course work for PhD Research Programs in India.
- To provide an integrated understanding on research methodology, data collection software and SPSS software.
- To identify the priority areas for the empirical/doctrinal research in social sciences for submitting research proposals to the UGC, ICSSR and other funding agencies
Conditions for Participation
A social science teacher or scholar shall submit his/her research proposal as per the prescribed format for the participation in the programme. The participation in the programme is subject to the approval of the research proposal.
No applicant without the submission of research proposal will be allowed to avail the benefits of the CDP.
Participants will also be making presentations of their research proposals on the specified date and time, during the programme.
Participants would also be assigned with some administrative responsibility of introducing of resource persons and delivering vote of thanks after completion of lectures.
The said orientation programme is a full time assignment. Attendance is mandatory for the complete programme. The certificate of participation will be denied in case of absence from the programme.
Submission of research proposal for the participation: 10th April 2019
Notification of the approved research proposals for the participation: 15th April 2019
Deadline for the registration for participation: 18th April 2019
- Without Accommodation: Rs 3000
- With Accommodation: Rs 5000
The registration charges include the cost of kits, catering services, accommodation charges and other misc. charges for 07 days.
Click here for online payment.
Address for submission of the Research Proposal for participation:
Director, Centre for Transparency and Accountability in Governance,
National Law University, Delhi, Sector 14 Dwarka New Delhi 10078, India
Email ID: [email protected]
Click here for the official notification.
This post was first published on:
13 Mar 2019