About the Organisation
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India.
About the IP Review
The “INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REVIEW (IP REVIEW)” is the flagship journal in the arena of Intellectual Property Rights published by Centre for Intellectual Property Research and Advocacy (CIPRA), National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and IPR Chair sponsored by Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI), Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
They invite contributions on various aspects relating to intellectual property law with special reference to “EMERGING TRENDS IN IPR”. Within this central theme, contributors are welcome to choose their own sub-themes.
It is intended that the journal be a helpful tool not just to students of IP law and academicians across the country, but it is also intended as a source of information for IP practitioners, policymakers, Research Institutions, Industry, Innovative and creative as well as laypersons. The articles sought to be published, therefore, must be relevant, up-to-date, and of interest to these sectors.
- Articles: In the case of an article, it should be between 4,000-5,000 words (inclusive of footnotes) containing a comprehensive study of the theme indicating the lacunae in the present IPR framework with suggestions and recommendations.
- Essay: An essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting of 3,000-4,000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Notes: A note shall be on any Contemporary Issue with concrete analysis from the part of the author along with solutions to the issue and the same shall not exceed 2,500 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comment/Legislative Comment: Case comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt within. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500-3,000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Review: A book review where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit shall not exceed 2,000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
How to Submit?
Kindly submit the abstract and full paper on cipra[at]nls.ac.in.
Abstracts Submission: 30th November 2019.
Final Paper Submission: 30th December 2019.
Papers without abstracts will not be considered for submission. Papers that are selected will be published in the Double-Blind Peer Reviewed IP Review.
E-mails: cipra[at]nls.ac.in or siddhisuman[at]nls.ac.in