Chair on Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP), National Law School of India University [NLSIU], Bengaluru is organizing a National Webinar on Online Dispute Resolution under Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
About the Webinar
The webinar will be on the E-filling mechanism and Video Conferencing enshrined under Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and aims to spread awareness about the new Mechanism.
CLAP invites you all to join this informative session. E-Certificate will be issued to Registered Participants who attend the Session and fill Feedback form.
The Objective of the Webinar
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, came into force on 20th & 24th July, 2020 (two different dates for different sets of provisions of the Act) replacing the 33 year old Consumer Protection Act. 1986. The new Act strengthened the legal and policy framework towards achieving the avowed objective of better protection of Consumer in India.
This webinar will address the analysis of the provisions of CPA, 2019, specifically on E filing of Consumer Disputes & hearing of matters through video conferencing and aims to spread the awareness about the new Mechanism.
- Platform: Zoom, Meeting ID : 995 7500 3781, Passcode : 429 668
- Last Date for Registration: 24th December 2020, 5 pm
- Registration Fee- Free
- Registration Link: click here to register
About the Speakers
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice R. K. Agarwal, President, National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi, former Judge of Supreme Court of India
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Huluvadi G. Ramesh, President, Karnataka States Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, Bangalore
- Prof.(Dr.) Ashok R Patil, Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer law and Practice, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
For more details/queries, please contact: consumerlaw[at]nls.ac.in.
You might be interested in the following:
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.