About the organisation and seminar
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India.
National Law School of India University, Centre for Environmental Law, Education Research and Advocacy [CEERA], Bengaluru in connection with a project granted by the Department of Justice Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India are organising a seminar on “Strengthening Legal provisions for the Enforcement of Contracts: Reassessing the Quality and Efficiency of Dispute Resolution of CommerciaL matters in India”.
Date: 21 and 22 August 2019.
Venue: NLSIU Campus, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- Lawyers, Academicians and Law Students
- Industry Professionals, including Contract Managers
- Representatives from Companies and other Institutions
- Representatives of Governing and Regulatory Bodies
Call for papers
Themes for Paper
- Performance of Contractual Obligations Law and Practice
- Remedies and Relief
- Contractual Enforcement
- 4Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original research papers on the above-mentioned themes, are invited, submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s).
- There can be a maximum of only two Authors for each Abstract/Paper.
- All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to Mr Vikas Gahlot at vikasgahlot[at]nls.ac.in on or before August 5, 2019.
- After peer review, select papers/articles will be published by NLSIU website, here in the form of an online Handbook.
INR 1500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only) per author/participant. [Non- Residential]
Registration fees may be paid by DD drawn in favour of National Law School of India University and sent along with the Registration Form attached herewith or through NEFT transfer, as per the bank details given below. Once the NEFT is done, the participant(s) must send the BANK TRANSACTION ID to susheela[at]nls.ac.in.
Last Date for Registration: 9th August 2019
The fee covers the Registration, lunch, tea/coffee during the Breaks for the Two-Day Event. Participants will need to make their own arrangements for boarding/lodging.
Accommodation on campus is available, on first come first serve basis, and on a nominal charge, as per the University Rules. Towards booking accommodation, please write to Mr M. Gururaj on mgururaj[at]nls.ac.in.
- Abstract Submission: 5th August 2019
- Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 7th August 2019
- Last Date for Registration: 9th August 2019
- Submission of Full-Length Papers: 19th August 2019
- Date of Seminar: 21st and 22nd August 2019