National Law School of India University, Bengaluru is organizing an International Seminar on ‘Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards: A Comparative Perspective’ on July 27th and 28th, 2018.
About the Seminar
The Two Day International Seminar on Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards intends to understand, analytically, the processes of international commercial arbitration and enforcement of arbitral awards. Such an analysis becomes imperative given the number of international commercial disputes currently against India.
These issues also need to be focused upon in light of the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015 to understand its implications on such arbitral awards.
The Seminar will invite presentations and papers on the following themes
1. International Commercial Arbitration: Issues and challenges
2. Domestic legal framework on commercial Arbitration: Recent developments, issues
and challenges, comparative perspectives
3. Challenging a foreign arbitral award in domestic courts: Law and Procedures
4. Enforcement of foreign arbitral award: Process, issues and trends
5. Distinction and similarities in the enforcement trends of arbitral awards in common
and civil law countries.
6. International investment arbitration: Framework and challenges
7. Bilateral Investment Treaties and Arbitration: Developments, issues and challenges.
8. Impact of changes to Arbitration law on foreign arbitral awards and enforcement
Who Can Attend
All interested legal practitioners, arbitrators, academicians, research scholars, solicitors,
attorneys, advocates and students are invited to submit papers and participate in the seminar.
Submissions – Details and Guidelines
Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above mentioned themes are invited. Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full length papers. Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar. Papers of outstanding quality shall be published. There can be maximum only one Co-author.
The full length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles. Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is recommended).
Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed in the brochure.
After peer review, select papers/articles will be published by NLSIU.
Please send all Abstracts to [email protected]
Seminar Registration: Rs 6000/- per author / per participant. [Non Residential]
Last Date for Registration for participants and paper presenters: 20th June, 2018
Registration fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, Conference material,
Tea/Coffee and lunch during the designated breaks for the duration of the conference
- Abstract Submission: 15th June, 2018
- Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 17th June, 2018
- Submission of Full Length Papers: 15th July, 2018
- Last Date for Registration: 20th June, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 27th and 28th July 2018
Email: [email protected]
For Brochure and Registration form click here.