The National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore instituted in the year 1997 a Gold Medal in the name of the distinguished jurist, late H.M. Seervai for the best original essay written on the themes specified in Indian Constitutional Law. The students should send their entries on or before May 15, 2014.
The Competition is open only for LL.B. students studying in any of the recognised Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
The student whose essay on the chosen theme is adjudged to be the best will be awarded a Gold Medal at the Annual Convocation of NLSIU, Bangalore.
1. Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English.
2. It should not exceed 10,000 words (approximately 30 double space typed pages, New Times Roman, font size 12) including footnotes and references, typed on one side of the A4 size papers.
3. We request you to staple all the pages with an additional white page for first (title cover) and last page. Use of plastic wrappers and spiral bounds are discouraged.
1. A soft copy of the same should also be sent to [email protected] before the last date.
2. Both the hard copy and the soft copy should be submitted before the last date.
3. Students should also produce a bonafide certificate through the Principal or Head of the institution.
4. The envelopes containing the essay should be properly sealed and superscribed – “HM Seervai Gold Medal Essay Competition”.
5. Four copies of the essay should be sent to the following address on or before 15th May, 2014 to Prof. T.V. Subba Rao Chairperson, U.G. Council Examination Department National Law School of India University Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560 072.
1. The participants will be informed other details or subsequent changes, if any. If there is any change in the e-mail address of the participants, it may be informed to the above address.
2. The NLSIU may award Certificates of Merit to select essays which receive the commendation from the panel of judges. Essay may also be considered for publication by the National Law.
Prof. T.V. Subba Rao: Tel. No. 080-23160525, 23160532 /33, e-mail :[email protected]
Information about the essay can be found HERE.