About the Organiser
The National Law School of India University is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India.
Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), established in 1997 is a benefactor of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF), Government of Karnataka, the Bar and the Bench in India and abroad.
Nations Development Programme (UNDP) under the Global Environment Facility (GEF), and as one of the deliverables, organised, convened and conducted over twenty workshops at Institutions of national repute creating awareness on the Biodiversity Law and Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) in less than 2 years.
About the Programme
National Law School of India University and Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA) are organising a five-day training programme on ENVIRONMENT LEGISLATIONS, INTERPRETATION, ENFORCEMENT, LEGAL AND STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS – CASE STUDIES.
Dates: 3-7 February 2019
Deliberations on the following broad themes:
- Constitutional Law and Regime on Environment Protection
- Statutory Enforcement Mechanisms on control of Pollution: Power to delegate prosecution
- Law relating to Collection, Disposal and Management of Wastes: Role of Municipalities
- Business and Environment
- Public Trust Doctrine and International Environmental Law
- Conservation of Biodiversity and Protection of Environment: Lessons for Statutory Interpretation
- Criminal Law Enforcement and Pollution Control: Procedural Issues and Collection of Evidence
- Cleaner Technology and Environmental Protection: Law and Compliance
- Environmental Adjudication and NGT
- Environmental Audit and Technology tool for Compliance
- Case Study: AOL Case and Others
- Environment Protection Act: Statutory Interpretation lessons
Who may attend the Course?
- Entrepreneurs, Environmental-Engineers, Officers from Public Sector Undertakings and other State Agencies;
- Legal Counsels, Legal Consultants or Advisors, Legal Managers, from Manufacturing Sector;
- Members from the Central and State Pollution Control Boards;
- Members of the Industry, Directors, Supervisors, Senior Engineers, etc. from the Power Sector;
- Students, Research Scholars, Members of the Legal Academia, Inter-disciplinary Scholars
Course Fees may be paid by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS/Demand Draft in favour of DIRECTOR NLSIU SCHEMES AND PROJECTS, payable at Bengaluru along with the Registration Form attached.
Upon remittance of Course Fees, the participant(s) shall send the Transaction Details along with a duly filled Registration Form to MS. Susheela on susheela[at]nls.ac.in.
Course fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, reading material, Tea/Coffee and lunch. Breakfast and Dinner shall be provided only to Residential Participants.
- Non-Residential: Total Rs.29,500.00 (Inclusive of Taxes) Rupees Twenty Nine Thousand Five hundred only.
- Residential (Twin-Sharing): Total Rs.41,300.00 (Inclusive of Taxes) Rupees Forty-One thousand Three hundred only;
- Residential (Single-Sharing): Total Rs.47,200.00 (Inclusive of Taxes) Rupees Forty-Seven thousand Thousand Two hundred only.
Last Date for Payment of Course Fees: January 10, 2019