The Human Rights Lawyering Project (HRLP), National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore is currently looking for competent and eligible candidates to fill the following positions and join the team in Bangalore.
Position: Research Associate
Programme: HRLP, NLSIU
Number of openings: 2 (Full time)
About the project
This project is about Dovetailing Curriculum Development, Research and Training of Young
Lawyers and Law Students to strengthen synergies between law, practice and policy, to
facilitate access to justice. Work includes research, preparing for workshops, creating legal
materials, bringing out publications, carrying out field work, working with students and
performing other tasks. This runs for three years.
The Objectives of this program are
- Bridging silos between law schools, lawyers and legal aid institutions by identifying
and addressing gaps
- Scaling up or setting up of existing clinical courses and legal services clinics at law
- Improving service quality for both law schools and lawyers by participatory training
through conferences and forums
- LLB/ LLM
- Applicant must be preferably (though not necessarily) based in Bangalore.
Previous experience is not mandatory
Skills and Personal Attributes
- The applicant must have a background in law
- Must have good research skills and proven fluency in written and spoken English
- Initiative and the ability to work on his/her own will be appreciated.
Maximum amount payable will be Rs. 30,000 to 35,000/- per month with a 10% increase every year (Consolidated with no benefits)
Duration: Three years
How to apply
Interested applicants may write to [email protected] attaching an updated CV and a writing sample on any topic of about 300-400 words.
Last date for applications: 01st May 2018
For official notification, click here.