The Model United Nations Board of National Law School of India University, Bangalore, is organizing the 7th edition of the NLS Model United Nations Conference (NLS MUN).
8th –10th April, 2016
With prizes worth over Rs. 20,000!
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
Model UN is a simulation of the workings of the organs of the United Nations Organization and other regional bodies – a student conference which through active debate, discussion and negotiation, aims to educate participants about world affairs, effective communication, globalization and multilateral diplomacy.
MUNs in India have taken off in a big way, both at college and school level. NLS MUN, with just 6 editions, has already managed to make its mark. Since the first edition of the conference in 2009, NLS MUN has proven itself to be one of the best MUNs in the country in terms of the standard of debate.
This year we aim to expand our horizons in terms of the volume of delegates and the quality of debate.
At NLS MUN 2016, we shall be simulating 4 diverse committees:
A. United Nations General Assembly – Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UNCOPUOS) discussing:
1. The use of nuclear power sources in outer space – Revisiting the 1992 NPS Principles and the Liability Convention.
2. Discussion on the militarisation of space programs with an emphasis on emerging government space agencies and the militarisation capabilities of the same.
B. The All India Parties Meet with the agenda of:
1. Revisiting Section 124A, IPC.
2. The relevance of the creamy layer in reservations today: issues of communal discord.
C. The Security Council:
1. Discussing the efficacy and legitimacy of the UNSC’s operations with specific reference to:
i. The due process in levying sanctions, specially non-economic.
ii. The lack of effective implementation of policies and resolutions.
2. Addressing the question of increasing tangible and ideological security threats on the internet of things.
D. The World Health Organization
1. Rebuilding Health systems in the wake of Ebola and Zika virus with special emphasis on developing nations.
2. Global Initiative on Health and Sustainable development.
To apply, send us an email with your delegation’s (or individual’s) name, prior MUNing experience, and committee and country preference (if any) to email@example.com
The Registration Fees per delegate are as follows
– Rs. 1500 (without accommodation; includes lunch on all days)
– Rs. 2500 (with accommodation for the duration of the conference; includes lunch on all days)
– Rs. 3500 (with accommodation for the duration of the conference, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner on all days)
The application from, the country matrix and other details can be found on our Facebook page
Aditya Karekatte, cPresident, NLS MUN Board