About the Institute
National Law University Odisha is an autonomous law university in India located at Cuttack, Odisha. It was established in 2008 under the National Law University Odisha Act, commencing its first batch from July 2009.
About the Moot
National Law University Odisha in collaboration with Bose & Mitra & Co. is organizing the 7th edition of International Maritime Arbitration Moot (IMAM) 2020 from 27th March to 29th March 2020.
The National Law University Odisha – International Maritime Arbitration Moot is proud to hold the distinction of being the first moot competition in India and third moot competition in the world to have maritime law as its principle subject area.
Having successfully organized NLUO – IMAM for 6 years in a row, the 7th edition endeavours to uphold all standards of excellence with improving upon the whole experience by ensuring that the teams are met with a compelling problem based on the contemporary and developing aspects of maritime arbitration.
- The Winning Team (Best Team Award) shall be awarded INR 75,000 as prize money plus 3 Internship slots at Bose & Mitra & Co.
- The Runners-up Team (Second Best Team Award) shall be awarded INR 45,000 as prize money plus 3 Internship slots at Bose & Mitra & Co.
- Best Oralist shall be awarded INR 15,000 as prize money.
- Best Memorial shall be awarded INR 15,000 as prize money.
How to Apply?
Universities interested in participating in the competition are requested to email us at imam[at]nluo.ac.in.
Note: The moot problem, rules, brochure, and a detailed schedule of the competition will be released shortly.
- Tanay Mishra (Convenor, The Moot Society): +91 8765888864, 9667007687
- Nishtha Arora (Co-Convenor, The Moot Society): +91 8851775995, 7653868618
- Yasaschandra Devarakonda (Secretary, The Moot Society): +91 9177450926, 6303098735
- Rose Maria Sebi (Treasurer, The Moot Society): +91 9716606465, 9861412372
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.