The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws of National Law Institute University, Bhopal (“NLIU”), in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the annual NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws on 24th and 25th of August, 2018.
The present edition of the summit is an effort to continue the successful legacy of the past editions, in an expanded format covering all areas of corporate and commercial laws.
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
- Corporate Governance in India
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Inbound and outbound mergers
- Analysis of landmark mergers and forecasting trends for future M&A activity
- M&A activity in key sectors
- Foreign Investment (Private Equity/Venture Capital and Debt Instruments)
- Emerging forms of investment such as REITs and InvITs
- Liberalisation of existing investment regime (such as single and multi-brand retail, changes to FPI regime)
- Analysis of statutory changes (e.g. new FEMA 20)
- Banking & Insolvency Law
- Rise of Non-Performing Assets in the economy
- Working of IBC and emerging trends
- Debt restructuring in India
- Introduction of P2P Lending in India
- Securities Law
- Cross-Listing of Stock Exchanges
- Rise of IPOs in niche sectors such as insurance companies, banks
- Trend of failure of IPOs in Indian market
- Emerging trends in white collar crime (legal developments and recent examples in insider trading)
- Regulatory overhaul of certain segments such as derivatives, FPIs
- Competition Law
- Exemptions and Filing Norms for Mergers and Amalgamations
- Antitrust aspects in the acquisition of Financially distressed companies
- Competition Law in a Digitized Economy – Comparative analysis of Competition Law in India and foreign jurisdictions
- Economic theories and evidence in Competition Law
- Emerging contemporary legal issues related to-
- Technologies such as Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings
- Data Privacy aspects of financial information
The above areas of law and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the contours of the theme of the Summit.
The Summit shall witness fifteen paper presentations (total number, including essays and articles) that shall be selected after an intense review procedure to be conducted jointly by CBCL and Trilegal. The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, PowerPoint presentations etc.
The fifteen selected manuscripts shall be published in a commemorative book. The top two presentations in both categories will be conferred with rewards. The presenters at the Summit shall also receive a certificate acknowledging their participation as a delegate.
Additionally, for the very first time the Summit shall include a counselling course conducted by partners from Trilegal, exclusively for the shortlisted participants! During the session, the participants can look forward to key career advice from noted corporate practitioners, rare opportunity to be taught directly by the partners and invaluable networking opportunities.
Submissions can be made under the following categories:
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words long dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals of same or different institutions is permissible.
- Essays: Manuscripts being submitted under this category should either cover a recent development or be issue-specific within the word limit of 2000 to 3000 words. Co-authorship is not permissible.
Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly prescribed. Citations must conform to standards laid down in the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th 2015). Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permissible.
The following format must be adhered to:
- Title: Times New Roman, size-15, Bold, 2.0 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Abstract: Times New Roman, size-11, Italicized, 1.5 line spacing, justified, Margins of 2.0.
- Main Body: Times New Roman, size-12, 1.15 line spacing, justified.
- Heading: Times New Roman, size-14, Bold, 1.5 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size-13, Italicized, 1.15 line spacing, centre-aligned.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, size-10, 1.0 line spacing, justified.
- Margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides.
Submission must be accompanied with a covering letter including author(s) name, email id, mobile number and college name. Submissions must only be in electronic form sent via email. All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and must contain an abstract of 250-300 words exclusive of the word limit.
We are proud to finally announce the much awaited prizes for the NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws taking place on 24-25 August, 2018!
The following are the prizes for the best contributions to the summit (including any essay or article entry)
- I Prize: An all-expenses-paid 3-day trip to a Foreign destination!
- II Prize: A one month paid internship with Trilegal
- III Prize: A one month paid internship with Trilegal
Registration & Submission Deadline
- All papers must be submitted on or before
10 July 2018 15 July, 2018(11.59 pm). E-mails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to [email protected].
- The email must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the author(s):
- An originality statement, signed by the author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the author(s);
- A copyright statement, signed by the author(s), whereby the author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
- Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The Centre shall provide accommodation to all the participants.
- Arshia Verma (Convenor, CBCL): +91-7049729766
- Rohan Kohli (Co-convenor, CBCL): +91-9617950534
- Shounak Banerjee (Secretary, CBCL): +91-9911425727
For more updates about the Summit, follow the NLIU-Trilegal Summit page and the CBCL page on Facebook. For brochure, click here.
This post was first published on:
16 May 2018