The NLIU LAC is organising the PIL Drafting Competition on Constitution Day.
About the Legal Aid Clinic
The NLIU – Legal Aid Clinic (“LAC”), which is driven by the ethos of Article 39A of the Indian Constitution, has been established under the aegis of the National Legal Services Authority. It is a student-run initiative, which aims to provide free legal aid to the marginalized sections of society.
About Constitution Day: PIL Drafting Competition
Eligibility: The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- “Individual Participation” as well as “Participation in a team of two” is allowed.
- Participants from two different universities may also form a team.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
- The participating teams can register themselves by filling this Registration Form
- The participation fee is Rs 100/- for one team.
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
- The payment screenshot must be attached to the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
Subsequent to filling the registration form, payment of Rs 100 as registration fee has to be made to “+91-9920627181” with any UPI App (Paytm/ Google pay etc.)
If you are facing any problem in making the payment, kindly email us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” so that we could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
List of Dates
|1.||Registration Opens||9th November|
|2.||Registration Closes||18th November|
|3.||Submission of PIL drafts||21st November|
|4.||Declaration of results||26th November|
The topic of PIL: The participants may submit a PIL draft on any issue of contemporary relevance that they deem fit.
Submission of PIL Drafts
- Each Participating Team must submit ONE PIL draft.
- If a participant/team wishes to submit any annexures to support his/her arguments contained in the Draft [for instance Reports, Commentaries, News Clippings, Pictures, etc.] a compendium of all the relevant annexures must be prepared and should be sent along with the memorial.
- All PIL drafts must be sent to the email address: email@example.com by 21st November 2020 midnight with the Subject of the email as “PIL Draft, Team Code _”
- Any submission made after the deadline will not be considered for evaluation and will result in the cancellation of candidature as well as forfeiture of the registration fee.
- Any submission with any name reference of the participant will be disqualified.
- Substantial Plagiarism shall amount to disqualification; therefore, the Participants must not submit plagiarised content (as the Drafts will be put through ‘Turnitin’). In case the draft of two or more participants/teams is found “substantially similar” to each other, both the participants/ teams shall be disqualified.
- All the drafts must be submitted in both Microsoft Word Document format (.doc/.docx) and PDF Format (.pdf)[i.e. each participant is required to send 2 files- One in MS Word format and one in PDF format].
- The body of the submissions must be in the font “Times New Roman” with font size 12, with line spacing of 1.5 and justified. (The Font size for the Headings can be formatted as per the choice of the participants)
- The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing, justified. Authorities shall be cited as per the 20th edition of the Bluebook.
Content of the PIL
The PIL is to be filed before the Supreme Court of India
The PIL Memorial must contain all of, and only, the following components: Cover page; which should contain;
The Unique team code in the upper right-hand corner.
The name of the case;
- Table of Contents;
- Table of Abbreviations;
- Index of Authorities;
- Statement of Jurisdiction;
- Facts of the Case;
- Issue(s) Raised;
- Summary of Arguments/Pleadings;
- Arguments Advanced/Pleadings;
- Table of annexures.
- There is no restriction on the number of pages.
All the queries and clarifications must be sent to the official mail ID of the organizers i.e. “firstname.lastname@example.org” and the subject of the mail must read as “PIL COMPETITION QUERY”.
No query without the subject “PIL COMPETITION QUERY” would be entertained.
The last day to raise a query is “19th November, 2020”
Only queries sent through mail shall be entertained.
Note: This is a branded post (paid), and contains the logo/branding of the college. For full details about our plans, click here.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.