The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU), in association with the Office of Senior Advocate, Mr. Vivek Tankha, is proud to announce the third edition of its flagship event – The NLIU – Justice R.K. Tankha Memorial International Moot Court Competition, 2018, organized in the fond memory of Late Hon’ble Justice R.K. Tankha, to celebrate his extraordinary legacy.
We’re also elated to announce our collaboration with International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Court of Arbitration – Asia as our Institutional Partner and Luthra & Luthra Law Offices as our Knowledge Partner.
We take pride in the continued growth and demonstrable excellence of the Competition over the years, and of the subsequent recognition it receives from esteemed media outlets, both legal and non-legal.
This year, the International Commercial Arbitration Competition is based on the ICC Rules of Arbitration.
The Competition shall be held at the NLIU Campus, in Bhopal.
Friday, 23rd February to Sunday, 25th February.
Cash prizes to the tune of INR 2,50,000 to the awardees of the Moot.
Further, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices will also be offering internships to the members of the winning team!
In addition to the above, as our Institutional Partner, the ICC International Court of Arbitration will award The Secretariat’s Guide to ICC Arbitration to the Winning team, the Runner-up team and to the Best International Team.
The registration process is three-fold:
- Provisional Registration (only for Indian law schools): The institutions, through their respective MCC/MCS/MCA or any other designated student body, are required to register with us, provisionally, for the Moot by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th December, 2017.
- Final Registration: Such institutions which have completed their provisional registration may then proceed to submit the team details through the website link. Please note that the institution’s registration shall be considered only after its provisional registration has been completed. Teams which have already registered through the website, but their institutions have not registered provisionally are required to re-register in accordance with the above-mentioned rule.
- Payment of registration fee: As per the Rules, INR 1,500 shall be payable as the registration fee for the Moot. The mode of payment has been mentioned in the Annexure to the Rules.
NOTE: Depending on the participation, the organisers reserve the right to put a team-cap.
All the relevant documents, including the Case Record, Rules and Timeline are available on our website link given below.
Please note that all communications, including registration, must be made to email@example.com. Email(s), concerning the Moot, sent to any other email id shall not be replied to.
- Jasraj Singh Narula, Convenor (+91-8120003293);
- Praharsh Johorey, Co-convenor (+91-9717888993);
- Shashank Chaddha, Secretary (+91-8109221060);
- Priyam Jhudele, Joint Secretary (+91-8989444107).
For details, please visit the official website link given here and follow this Facebook page for updates.