About Niti Manthan
Niti Manthan is an initiative to motivate and inspire young students on various socio-legal themes and to guide them traverses the righteous path throughout the endeavour of their personal and professional lives, by having a direct interaction and by the exchange of views with experienced legal minds and researching, conceptualising, and correspondingly reporting according to the selected avenue given below.
The think tank, Niti Manthan currently functions in the areas of Research, Legal blogs, Internships, E-classes, Young Leaders for Legal Literacy Program, Research Centers on Medical and Health Law, Environmental Law, International Criminal Law & Psycho-Legal Studies, Workshops, Certificate Courses, and Lecture Series.
About the Competition
All students pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from any school/college/university recognized by the University Grants Commission are eligible to participate in the competition.
- A comprehensive look into gender bias sections in the Indian Penal Code
- Freedom of Expression during COVID-19
- Plea Bargaining
Awards and Certifications
- Certificate of merit to the top three participants.
- The best research paper will be published on the official website of Niti Manthan.
- E-certificates will be provided to all participants.
- The cover page of the manuscript should only contain the title of the paper, followed by a 200-word abstract. The second page must contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript should begin immediately thereafter.
- The word limit of the research paper is a minimum of 3500 words. The word limit is exclusive of the footnotes.
- All the submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author(s). All the submissions will be checked for plagiarism and those with plagiarism percentage over the permissible limit (i.e., 20%) will be summarily rejected.
- Formatting Guidelines: Times New Roman; Size 12; Justified; 1.5 Spacing
- Footnoting Guideline: Times New Roman; Size 10; 1 spacing
- The participants are required to submit their manuscript by filling a Google Form.
- Last date for submission of Manuscripts: April 1, 2021.
- A co-authorship of not more than two authors is permitted.
- By submitting the research paper, the author(s) forfeit their copyright over their manuscript in favour of the organizers.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizers will be binding.
- Authorities must be cited in the form of footnotes.
- A uniform method of citation should be followed throughout the submission.
- The participants are required to provide the title of the name of the author, article/report/blog, date of publication, and active web-link for the authorities cited wherever possible.
- In case of large documents such as reports, long articles, cases, etc. the authors must include the relevant paragraph/page of the authority being cited.
- Speaking or explanatory citations will be discouraged.
All the submission will go through blind review process, wherein reviewers from the organizing team will be assessing the research papers based on the following criteria:
• Depth of research
• Structure of submission
• Novelty, innovation, application of mind and the analysis by the author(s)
• Original suggestions provided by the author(s), if any
Submit your Research Papers here.
Pritee: +91 7003172526
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.