Under the aegis of Institute of Law, Nirma University, The Centre for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law is organising the seventh edition of its annual flagship event – National Students conference on “International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws” in association with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on 8th August, 2018.
The conference aims to address contemporary issues and challenges faced by the scholars, academicians and practitioners in the field of International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws.
Acting as a facilitator, the conference is to present a platform for interaction of eminent personalities, zealous students, dedicated organizations and every such stakeholder having interest in the field.
To encourage young scholars, the best papers will be rewarded and selected papers would be published in an edited volume of Conference proceedings.
Objective of the Conference
- To create awareness amongst the masses and to initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders.
- To discuss current challenges in the area of International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law and solutions thereof.
- To develop and strengthen Institute’s relation with the concerned organisation.
Themes of the Conference
- Modern day weaponry and the challenges it poses to International Humanitarian Law.
- New Technologies of warfare: Cyber warfare, Autonomous Weapon System etc.
- The application of Human Rights Law in Armed Conflict.
- The interface between International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law.
- Private Military Contractors under International Humanitarian Law.
- Common Article 3: Threshold and its impact.
- The role of Non-State actors in taking forward the Humanitarian dialogue.
- The growing discourse on Climate Change Refugees and issues related to it.
- Internal armed conflict and response of South Asian Countries to it.
- The status of women refugees and gender discrimination under Human Rights Law.
Abstract Submission By:25th May 2018
Paper Submission By: 20th July 2018
Registration fees for the National Students’ Conference On International Humanitarian Law and Refugee Law shall be Rs. 500/- which should be payable by Demand Draft in favour of ‘Institute of Law, Nirma University’ payable at Ahmedabad. The registration fee is inclusive of participation, reading materials and food. Details of the accommodation will be provided soon.
Aditya Sharma, Chairperson
Sakshi Mathur, Vice Chairperson
Blog: Click here
Website: Click here
Conference Brochure: Click here
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.