Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat is organising a Certificate Course on Law of the Sea and Maritime Law for Undergraduate, Postgraduate students, researchers, scholars and professionals, academicians of the related field and various other stakeholders.
About the Programme
Law of the Sea and Maritime Law is a significant subject of public and private law, which has unique nature with regard to policies and practices in the national and international domain. The important aspect of the law of the sea and maritime law is ocean governance, maritime affairs, maritime business, national and international maritime security, marine environment and ocean sustainability etc.
This course is designed by the experts keeping in mind the importance of the area of studies the law of the sea and maritime law in ocean governance and maritime affairs.
The Course structure is designed to equip the participants with the basic knowledge of the law of the sea and maritime law, particularly maritime regulatory mechanisms which will be helpful for the enhancement of the academic and professional development in the area law of the sea and maritime domain.
Outline of the Course
The course is designed for 48 hours; it is a part-time course. The course contents include very significant aspects of the Law of the Sea & Maritime Law deals with the Ocean Governance, Jurisdiction, Rights and Duties of maritime entities under Law of the Sea. Maritime Contracts, Shipping Business, Maritime Safety & Security, Collision at Sea and Seafarers Welfares, Marine Environments, Maritime Liabilities, Maritime Insurance Law, Maritime Claims & Dispute Settlements.
The classes will be conducted every Thursday and Friday through the online mode except for an official holiday.
The duration of the course will be November 18, 2021, to April 18, 2022. The classes will be 1 (One) Hour from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Thursday and Friday.
The certificate will be awarded after successful completion of the programme and submission of the assignments.
Attendance is compulsory for certification.
- Aims: This Program is designed to provide and equip the participants with the understanding of the Law of the Sea and Maritime Law in particular the regulatory mechanism involved in maritime policies and practices.
- Duration: Six Months (Part-Time), Commencing on November 18, 2021.
- Methodology: Lecture Methods (including video lectures) Case Analysis, participation and Group Discussions (The classes will be 1 (One) hour from 4 PM to 5 PM on Thursdays and Fridays)
- Study materials: Each candidate will be provided with reading materials consisting of research papers, articles, reports and case-law abstracts etc.
- Venue: Online mode, through Cisco Webex
- Receipt of Application: November 15, 2021
- Confirmation of Selection: November 16, 2021
Who can Participate?
The students of the Institute of Law (ILNU), UG. PG and researchers of any university/Institutes/college. Maritime ports officers, maritime stakeholders and maritime professionals.
How to Apply?
The applicants are required to fill the registration form at the following link on or before 15th November 2021.
The link is here: https://lawc.to/f4ZAh
Keep the online transaction details handy while filling the form.
Fill the registration form along with transaction details and send a scanned copy to the E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Students of Nirma University: Rs. 1,500/-
- Students of any university/Institute/college in India. Researchers, maritime professionals, maritime stakeholders, ports officers, maritime security officers etc.: Rs. 2,000/-
- Account Name: Centre for Continuing Education
- Address: Nirma University, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382481
- Bank IFSC Code: KCCB0NRM097
- 9 Digit MICR Code: 380126029
- Bank Account No: 09720180200
Contact Person: Mr CL Yadav
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: +91 8141244391
Website link is here: www.nirmauni.ac.in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.