The Network for International Law Students (NILS) is an international, independent, non-political, non-profit-making organization, run by and for law students.
NILS seeks to promote legal awareness among all the people and encourage communication and cooperation among law students and lawyers internationally; contribute to legal education; promote social responsibility in the field of law; increase opportunities for students to learn about other cultures and legal systems worldwide; and publicize educational and career opportunities in law.
With national chapters across 25 countries in 5 continents of Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America, NILS has established itself as the fastest growing student body organisation.
Call for Applications
The Network for International Law Students (NILS) invites law students to apply for the position of National Board (India) under the following positions:
- To act as official representative of NILS India;
- To co-ordinate and maintain relationships between NILSIndia’spartners, sponsors and the Honorary Board;
- To develop new partnership with law firms, international organisations, institutions and other legal professionals;
- To be in charge of the overall co-ordination of the National Board;
- To preside over the Annual General Meeting;
- Shall, together with the Treasurer, authorise all expenses and payments;
- Shall, together with the Treasurer, peruse, consent as well as sign all purchases, accounts and books;Shall fulfil any other duties reasonably expected of the President of NILS India.
- Secretary General
- To co-ordinate among the members of the National Board;
- To co-ordinate and maintain relationship with the chapters;
- To be the overall co-ordinator of the Annual General Meeting;
- Record the minutes of the Annual General Meeting;
- To maintain a register of all the members of NILS India;
- To oversee that all meetings, notices and other acts and things required under the Constitution are duly summoned, given or done.
- To present a financial budget at the beginning of every year;
- Oversee all financial matters of NILS India;
- Manage the bank account and other bank related works of NILS India;
- Collect and oversee the annual financial reports of all the chapters;
- Collect the annual membership fee from individual members as well as different chapters.
- Vice President – Advocacy
- To initiate legal aid activities on behalf of NILS India;
- To oversee that all local chapters undertake legal aid activities;
- To initiate events which encourage high school students from underprivileged background to take up legal studies. They are also responsible for mentoring them and raising such resources as might be necessary for the school students to prepare for admission tests of different law schools;
- To assist the Treasurer in determining the expenses relating to legal aid clinics for that year.
- Vice President – Competitions
- To initiate different academic competitions for the benefit of law students;
- To ratify the initiation of any kind of competition by the Chapters;
- Co-ordinate and oversee all the competitions organised by the National Board;
- To assist the Treasurer in determining the expenditure and revenue associated with the conduction of any competition.
- Vice President – Events
- To co-ordinate and oversee all the seminars and conferences conducted by the National Board;
- To co-ordinate and oversee the legal aid activities conducted by NILS India;
- To initiate any kind of extramural activities, for the betterment of student community, legal profession or the society;
- To ratify the initiation of any kind of events or extramural activities by the Chapters;
- To assist the Treasurer in determining the expenditure and revenue associated with the conduction of any seminar, conference, legal aid clinics, or any other extramural activity.
- Vice President – Marketing
- To expand the network of NILS India;
- To be responsible for promoting the events and activities organised by NILS India;
- To be responsible for the overall co-ordination of Social Media;
- Shall co-ordinate with the media, on behalf of NILS India, whenever necessary;
- Shall fulfil any other duties reasonably expected of him/her as the head of marketing.
- Vice President – Publications
- Shall be the de-facto „editor-in-chief‟of all the publications of NILS India;
- Shall appoint a number of editors to assist him in editing the submissions made for all the publications of NILS India;
- Shall ensure the inclusion of wide areas of law, politics and society in the publications;
- Shall ensure the participation of members from all regions in publications.
- Vice President – Traineeship and International Exchange
- Shall oversee and coordinate the conduct of NILS India traineeships/internships and exchange activities;
- Shall develop and maintain a framework through which Chapters organise.
To ensure ingenuity and democratization in the Election Process, NILS India releases an open call for applications for Law students holding a strong academic background displaying leadership and organizational skills along with experience in co-curricular activities.
20th November, 2018
Please fill out this application form by visiting this link before the deadline.
Email: [email protected]
For official website, click here.