About the organisations
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat. The university is located at Gandhinagar, which is the capital of Gujarat and is located 23 kilometres north of the city of Ahmedabad.
The National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC) is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
About the Competition
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), in collaboration with National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), is organising the NHRC-GNLU National Moot Court Competition (NHRC-GNLU NMCC), 2019. The Competition is scheduled to be held during September 26 – 29, 2019.
The NHRC-GNLU National Moot Court Competition, 2019 shall aim to nurture and hone amongst law students, a better understanding and concern for the protection and promotion of human rights, along with providing them a platform to deliberate before experts in the field, thus rigorously testing the legal acumen, research, and oratory skills of the participating teams.
Extending the objective of dissemination of human rights awareness, and in light of current global issues, the moot proposition for the Competition is based on the theme “Cultural Rights of Local Population and Influx of Illegal Migrants and Refugees”.
Any student pursuing an undergraduate LL.B. degree programme or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University in India is eligible to participate.
Each Team shall comprise of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. Only one team can participate from each college.
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Registration Procedure and Fees
No registration fee shall be charged from the teams participating in the Competition.
The Winners and Runners-up of the competition will receive cash prizes of INR 50,000 and INR 25,000 respectively along with other prizes.
Additionally, cash prizes and other awards will be handed out to the Best Orator (Final Rounds), the Best Orator (Preliminary Rounds), and the Best Written Submissions.
- Last day for registration and completion of all formalities: August 9, 2019.
- Last day to apply for clarifications regarding the Moot Problem: July 14, 2019.
- Clarifications, if any, to be published: July 22, 2019.
- Last day for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submissions: September 8, 2019.
- Last day for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submissions: September 13, 2019.
- Dr. Girish R., Faculty Convenor at rgirish[at]gnlu.ac.in, +91-8128650806;
- Mr. Rohan Merchant, Student Convenor at rohanmerchant108[at]gmail.com, +91-9824151770;
- Ms. Yashi Saraswat, Student Convenor at yashilata[at]gmail.com, +91-9898238740;
- Ms. Anushka Sinha, Student Co-Convenor at anushka297[at]gmail.com, +91-8141207125;
- Ms. Shubhangi Singh, Student Coordinator (Communications) at shubhangi2314[at]gmail.com, +91-9904898812.
The Official Schedule of the Competition is available here.
The Registration Form for the moot is available here.
The Moot Problem is available here.
The Rules of the Competition are available here.
The facebook link is here.
The website link is here.