About the Organizer
Indraprastha Law Review (ILR) is the Online Journal of University School of Law and Legal Studies, GGSIPU. The journal is double-blind peer reviewed with the objective of promoting interdisciplinary research.
The objective of ILR is achieved by organizing interactive webinars and teleconferences. It is also involved in publishing a Biannual Newsletter of USLLS, ‘Buzz Legalis’.
About the Webinar
Indraprastha Law Review (ILR) is organizing a National Webinar on the topic, ‘Transformative Constitution’, on 26th September, 2020, at 4:00 PM.
The event will be addressed by Advocate Gautam Bhatia, D. Phil. (Law) Candidate at the University of Oxford, as the keynote speaker.
About the Speaker
Adv. Gautam Bhatia completed his BCL and MPhil at Oxford (2011 – 2013) as a Rhodes Scholar, and LLM at the Yale Law School (2014). He is also an acclaimed author, with 3 books to his credit that are as follows:
- Offend, Shock, or Disturb: Freedom of Speech under the Indian
- The Transformative Constitution (HarperCollins India 2019)
- The Wall (His first sci-fi novel)
He is the editor of the award-winning Strange Horizons magazine.
He practiced for 4 years as a lawyer in New Delhi, and was part of the legal teams challenging the constitutionality of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code and the Aadhaar project.
Date and Time of the Webinar
- Date: September 26, 2020
- Time: 4 PM onwards
How Will the Webinar be Conducted
- Medium: Zoom
- Participants will have to join the WhatsApp Group through the Link provided at the end of the Registration Form (on submission).
4 PM – 4.15 PM: Welcome address by the Dean, USLLS, GGSIPU
4.15 PM – 4.45 PM: Keynote Speaker Adv. Gautam Bhatia
4.45 PM – 5.15 PM: Q&A Session
5.15 PM – 5.30 PM: Vote of thanks
To register for the webinar, click here.
More posts you might be interested in:
- Lawctopus’ Free Webinar on ‘Legal Research – Processes and Outcomes’ by Ritwika Sharma of Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy [Sep 23, Wed, 4:30-6 PM]: Register Now
- Law Joint’s Webinar on Cross Examination of Witnesses under Criminal Justice System [Sep 26, 4-5:30 PM]: Register Now!
- CCS eBaithak Webinar on The Criminalisation of Drug Use Under the NDPS Act, 1985 [Sep 30]: Register Now!