The Institute of Law and Research (ILR) is organizing a National Webinar Cum Quiz Competition 2021 for students from all streams.
About the Organizer
The Institute of Law & Research (ILR), formerly known as the National Institute of Law and Research, Faridabad, Haryana- 121101 (India) was established in 2001. The I.L.R Faridabad is the first self-financed Institute in Haryana, striving to impart excellent quality legal education at par with the premier Law Institutes in India and abroad. ILR offers 5 years integrated B.A., LL.B, 3-year LL.B & 2 Year LL.M courses.
The institute is committed to achieving excellence in legal education and promoting legal awareness under the aegis of Haryana Legal Aid Service Authority and thereby provide social & legal support to the common man. ILR team includes outstanding educators and researchers from both the academic and business sectors, contributing towards the overall professional and personal growth of the students.
About the Nature Club
The Nature Club is an initiative of ILR which aspires to be an incubator for new approaches on how law can best address the complex issues related to the environment. It enrols members for the club and works for creating awareness among the students, institution staff & general public about the need for protection of natural habitat & sustainable development by adopting eco-friendly practices. It invites speakers to conduct a dialogue on environmental protection & organises relevant webinars, seminars, conferences & workshops.
About the Competition
The Nature Club is organizing a National Webinar-Cum-Quiz Competition to commemorate ‘International Plastic Bag Free Day on 3 rd July 2021. Through this webinar, we aim to spread awareness towards the environmental issues that are faced by mankind due to the indiscriminate use of plastic products.
The prime objective of the webinar is to provide a common platform for the legal experts, academicians, researchers, and students to bring out, discuss & deliberate legal provisions on plastic bags, impact upon the environment, and sustainable development with plastic through innovations and other alternatives.
- Winner: Award of Rs. 3100 & Certificate of Excellence
- First Runner Up: Award of Rs. 2100 & Certificate of Excellence
- Second Runner Up: Award of Rs. 1100 & Certificate of Excellence
- Certificate of Merit to participants obtaining 4th to 8th position.
- Certificate of Recognition to participants obtaining 9th to 30th position.
- Certificate of Participation to All Participants.
Reduce Recycle Restore Ecosystem – Save Earth
Topics for the Competition
- Current Affairs Related to Environment & Non-Biodegradable Materials
- Literature on Reduce, Recycling of Waste, EcoSystem & Restoration of Eco System
- Protection of Environment under Indian Legal Framework and Recent Developments
- History, Origin, and Significance of Environmental Law: National & International Framework; Landmark Developments in International Environment Law
- The Quiz Competition is not only confined to law students rather it is open to the students of all Educational Institutes, (both UG and PG) recognized by statutory bodied university/UGC/BCI/MCI/PCI/AICTE/CBSE.
- There is no limit on the number of students who can participate from one University/College/School.
Format of the Competition
The Quiz Competition comprises of Two Rounds:
1. Elimination Round: On 3rd July, 2021 (10:00 AM to 10:30 AM)
- Elimination round will be conducted through Google Forms and it carries 200 marks, details will be shared via email and WhatsApp.
- There will be 50 Multiple-Choice Questions carrying 4 Marks Each & It shall be compulsory to attempt all questions
- 30 minutes will be allotted for the participants, failing which, the link would automatically turn inactive & the form will be submitted.
- The top 30 Participants having the highest marks shall be qualified for the Final Round.
2. Final Round: On 3rd July 2021 (1:30 PM to 2:30 PM)
- The final round will be conducted on Google Meet it carries 300 marks.
- The 30 Participants taken from ‘Elimination Round’ shall be divided into Five Groups having 6 Participants in each group and a joining link for Google Meet Room shall be shared with each participant of a group at their registered email id & What’s App number.
- The final round will be conducted on Google Form. There will be 60 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) divided into two sections – Section I & Section II. There will be 50 MCQs in Section I & 10 Video-Based MCQs in Section II carrying 5 Marks each. It shall be compulsory to attempt all questions.
- A merit list of cumulative scores of the final round shall be prepared & winners will be announced after verification of their submissions. The decision of organizers shall be final.
- Last Date of Registration: July 2, 2021
- Webinar On: July 3, 2021
- Quiz Competition (Elimination Round and Final Round): 3rd July, 2021
Note: Link for ‘Quiz Competition’ shall be provided to registered participants only.
Click here for the official website.
Event Convener: V.K Singh, Asst. Prof. (Law), Institute of Law & Research, Faridabad Haryana (India)
Mobile Number: +91-8949482921
Click here for the official brochure.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.