About the Organisation
The Indian Institute of Legal Studies was established in the year 2010 under the aegis of the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The Institution has successfully and positively caught the fancy of various students and law experts from all over the nation.
About the Seminar
Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Siliguri is organising a National Seminar on Infringement of Trade Mark in India: Emerging Issues and challenges on 16th December 2019.
The trademark Registry recognizes well-known trademarks in India on the basis of international, national and cross border reputation. The trademark act, 1999 protects the well-known trademark in two ways: action against the registration of smiles marks and action against the misuse of the well-known mark.
However, along with the well-known proprietor it is also essential to protect the right of the small scale proprietors also. Hence the main agenda of this national seminar would be to find out and discuss on the matters and issues of the large scale as well as small scale proprietors and the challenges they face in contemporary times in the context of India.
Venue: Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Siliguri, West Bengal
Who can Apply?
All interested legal practitioners, academicians, research scholars, advocates and students are invited to submit papers and participate in the seminar.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract.
- The abstract should not be more than 250 words excluding title and keywords.
- The length of the paper should be of 3000-5000 words.
- The full paper can be submitted on the day of the Seminar.
- Paper in MS Word format with the subject “IILS NATIONAL SEMINAR 2019”.
- Submission of full paper must be made to iilssilliguri.lawdepartment[at]gmail.com.
There is no charge for registering for the Seminar.
- Abstract Submission: 6th December 2019
- Communication of acceptance of Abstract: 10th December 2019
- Submission of the full length of paper: On the day of the Seminar
- Date of Seminar: 16th December 2019
EMAIL ID: iilssilliguri.lawdepartment[at]gmail.com
Ms. Bandita Sengupta, Assistant Prof of Law, IILS, (+91 6296903440)
Ms. Deekshita Das, Assistant Prof of Law, IILS, (+91 7002748443)
Ms. Anuttama Ghose, Assistant Prof of Law, IILS, (+91 7894270847/ +91 6296903427)