About the Organisation
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai is a National Law University located at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is the 18th National Law University established in India by The Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, passed by Maharashtra Legislature under the Maharashtra Act No VI of 2014.
About the Seminar
Inequality along the line of gender has been a persistent problem in India. The severity of the problem is more because of gender stereotype present in society. Media the conscious keeper of society is also not untouched with gender biases. Inclusiveness is furthest not only in the internal set up of organization but also in the content being aired by Media.
Researches have shown patriarchal structures in appointments, roles distribution, payment and leadership in media. Not only their functioning but also their work is gender-stereotyped. They have been instrumental in re-asserting the belief of their audience for women’s domesticity.
The Seminar has the following two broad theme
Gender Representation in Media Industry
- Masculinity and hierarchy in Media System
- Leadership Challenges and Opportunities
- Media Policies & Gender equity
Gender stereotype & Gender-sensitive content
- Gender Stereotype in Advertising & Entertainment Industry.
- Crime against Women & Media Consumption
- Social Media Platform and gender-based violence.
- Media in shaping critical consciousness for Power Balanced World.
Free speech viz a viz Fair speech
Representation of the third gender
Above subthemes are not exhaustive, merely suggestive.
PARTICIPATION TO THE SEMINAR IS FREE. Since seats available for the Seminar are limited, the intake of the participants shall be on first come first serve basis on the submission of the Registration Form by 25 February 2020. Participation Certificate would be given.
Call for Papers
An Edited Book with ISBN would be published after double-blind peer review of the submitted Papers/Research Articles. The submission details are:
- There can be a maximum of three Co-Authors for a Research Paper. All the author, as well as co-authors, will have to separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees.
- Paper Presentation in absentia is permissible.
- Full Paper submission is on 29 February 2020
- Deadlines for submission of Abstract along with Registration Form and Payment of Fees may be referred below
Registration Fees (For Paper Presentation)
|EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION||LATE REGISTRATION|
|On or Before 25 February 2020||After 25 February 2020|
|Students: Rs. 1000/-||Students: Rs. 1500/-|
|Other than students (Teachers, Professional etc.): Rs. 1500/-||Other than students (Teachers, Professional etc.): Rs. 2000/-|
Registration Fees will include
- Breakfast, Lunch and Tea between the Sessions
A/C & Non-A/C Accommodation (chargeable) can be provided on request
Non-A/C Accommodation: Rs. 500/- each, on twin sharing
A/C Accommodation: Rs. 1200/- each, on twin sharing
- BENEFICIARY NAME: MAHARASHTRA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY MUMBAI
- BANK NAME: Punjab National Bank
- BRANCH: Powai
- ACCOUNT NO.: 8709000100018239
- IFSC CODE: PUNB0870900
For any query, write a mail to kiran[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.