UILS of Panjab University is organizing its Online Article Writing Competition on the topic of Indian Constitution, on the occasion of the 73rd Republic Day.
About Panjab University
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students.
About UILS, PU
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are regular features of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practising lawyers.
About the Society for Quiz
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline.
Also, to keep the spirit of competition alive, the Society aims not to limit itself to its home institution but also to reach out to the students throughout the nation. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
About the Article Writing Competition
UILS this year is celebrating the 73rd Republic Day of India by organizing an article writing competition. Come and participate in the competition.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- The competition is also open to the school students (8-12 classes).
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
- Constitution as a Living Document
- Constitutional Morality- An Important Concept or Just a New Buzzword?
- Transformative Constitutionalism and Role of Judiciary
- Constitutional Role of Citizens in Upholding Sovereignty, Integrity and Unity of India
- The article must be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team. Submissions, both as co-author and single, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the competition.
- The following formatting specifications need to be strictly adhered to:
- Main Body: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, and Line Spacing – 1.5;
- Footnotes: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 10, and Line Spacing – 1.0 and footnotes must follow the Bluebook system of citation (Harvard, 20th edition).
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The word limit is 1500- 2000 words excluding footnotes.
- The article must contain an abstract, not exceeding 250 words (which would not be counted in the word limit for the article). It must indicate the theme/topic.
- All submissions shall be submitted via Google form through the link given at the end of this post, by 30th January 2022, 23:59 p.m. (Indian Standard Time, GMT +5:30).
- The article must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following information about the participant:
- full name of the participant;
- theme/topic chosen;
- participant’s current year of study and name of the degree pursued;
- name and full address of the participant’s university;
- name and full postal address of the participant;
- phone number of the participant and email ID of the participant.
- A Similarity Index report shall be attached in the G- Form showing similarity not more than 15%.
(Note: Participants are required to generate a Similarity Index Report using any free or paid online Similarity Index Software, e.g., Grammarly, Dupli Checker, Plagiarism Checker by Small SEO Tools, Plagiarism Detector, PrepostSEO Plagiarism Checker, etc. These software’s are just for the purpose of suggestion and not to be treated as recommendations)
Note: The article must be original, unpublished and bonafide work of the participant. Incomplete or plagiarised submissions shall be summarily rejected. The Similarity Index limit is 15% (excluding footnotes).
Note: No part of the article should contain any form of identification of the participant such as the name of the author, University/College name, etc. on the article. Any form of identification will lead to disqualification.
- 1st Winner: Cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- 2nd Winner: Cash prize of Rs. 750+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- 3rd Winner: Cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The Top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation (E- Certificate).
- All the participants of the article writing competition will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
- Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006
- For registration and certificate, kindly contact:
- Gunjan Garg (Event Coordinator): 7986718234
- Salouni Chaudhary (Co- Coordinator): 9306260223
- Yashna Walia (Co- Coordinator): 9878210844
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.