Students for the Promotion of International Law [SPIL], as the name suggests, is a student body which cynosures International Law. With an increasing need for awareness in the field of International Law, we maintain that such awareness is put into an impetus through the diverse events we conduct within the versatile subject of International Law.
About the National Legal Article Writing Competition
In an attempt to facilitate legal studies, Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai publishes a legal magazine called the ‘International Law Journal’, its yearly publication.
The International Law Annual comprises of literature on the myriad aspects of International Law through an engaging confluence of short articles, analytic works on landmark cases, and interviews with legal luminaries on contemporary issues, discussions and analysis on international legislation, and book reviews.
Accordingly, SPIL, Mumbai is organising the National Legal Article Writing Competition calling for articles from the law students across the country.
Cap on Entries
First 30 submitted articles will be considered.
Students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university.
International Law and Ethics amidst a Pandemic
Sub-Topics: (Participants are required to choose from one of the following Sub-Topics.)
- Turbulence in Trade and Economy amidst a Pandemic.
- The Role of UN Agencies and International Law in containing Pandemics.
- Responses of Different Political States in a Pandemic.
- Plights & Measures for Migrant Labour Forces amid Pandemics.
- Rectification of Medico-Legal Issues Generated in Pandemics.
Awards and Merit
- Best Paper: INR 5000/- + Publication in the SPIL International Law Journal + Certificate of Merit
- 2nd Best Paper: INR 3000/- + Certificate of Merit
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
Participants must send in their submissions to spilmumbai[at]gmail.com before 11:59 pm on the 11th of May, 2020
- Only a single submission may be made from each participant.
- The articles should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Each entry must be previously unpublished work of the participant. The articles published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- Participants may seek Individual participation only. An article co-authored by two or more students will not be accepted.
- The entries shall be the property of SPIL, Mumbai which reserves the right of publication of the same in any periodical, journal, newsletter, digital material or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate.
- The organising committee’s decision as regards the interpretation of the rules or any other matter related to the Competition shall be final and binding.
- The name of the author should not be mentioned anywhere in the article.
- The article is to have a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 4000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- The article should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and the Line Spacing of the article should be double-spaced (2.0), justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.0.
- The margins on all pages must be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The submissions must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission: National Legal Article Writing Competition”.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name of the author, theme & sub-topic, title of the article, name of the author, college/institute/university of the author, programme enrolled & year of study of author, e-mail address & contact no. of author
- The submission must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ and ‘pdf’ format.
For any further queries please feel free to write to us at spilmumbai[at]gmail.com or contact us:
Osho Dubey: (+91) 8318441496
Yash Layazawala: (+91) 9619710858
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- Think India’s 9th National Article Writing Competition
- National Article Writing Competition by Legal Insider
- FastForward Justice’s 3rd National Online Essay Writing Competition
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.