About the Organisation
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a premier medical institution in Bengaluru, India. NIMHANS is the apex centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country. It is an Institute of National Importance operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the post of Thematic Lead [Policy and Law] on Contract Basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Senior Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator
NIMHANS or Bangalore City, Karnataka
- Masters Degree (or higher) Education or LLB (for law/policy thematic head).
- At least 4 years experience in directly working with children in difficult circumstances, in the areas of mental health/protection/welfare.
- At least 4 years in working with government and other systems of child welfare and related areas.
- Strong English oral and written skills. e. Good working knowledge of oral Hindi.
- Evidence of training experience in child mental health and protection areas (for ICPS/school staff/judicial personnel).
- Experience in coordinating projects.
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child mental health and protection.
- Experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Some experience managing teams.
- Willingness to travel within the country.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Oral/working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- A deep commitment to children’s issues.
- Dynamic and flexible with the ability to undertake new initiatives and respond quickly to changing situations and new needs.
- Leadership abilities.
Rs. 1,20,000/- per month (Consolidated).
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria may apply by sending the following two documents ONLY to by email to docshekharseshadri[at]gmail.com:
- A covering letter explaining eligibility for the position (in accordance with the essential criteria mentioned above).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
Candidates who apply should invariably mention the Notification Number & Date, Position applied for; email ID, Contact Number & Postal Address, failing which the application will not be considered.
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. The interview will be conducted via Video conference and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates. The last date for receipt of applications is 7th July 2020. Applications received later will not be entertained.
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- JOB POST: Multiple Vacancies at Civic Studios, Mumbai: Applications Open
- JOB POST: Teaching Associate at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Teaching Positions at University of Calcutta, Senate House, Kolkata: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Project Officers: Lawyer at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bengaluru: Apply by July 7
- JOB POST: Professor and Associate Professor at BHU, Varanasi [9 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31
- JOB POST: Associate [Litigation] at NLUD’s Project 39A, Delhi: Apply by July 15
- JOB POST: Law Researcher at National Legal Services Authority of India [2 Vacancies]: Apply by July 15