National Essay Writing Competition on Fundamental Duties as a means to achieve responsible citizenry organised by Research and Publication Cell, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
On the occasion of India completing successful seventy years of celebrating Constitution Day, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur, announces the National Essay Writing Competition on the topic ‘Fundamental Duties as a means to achieve responsible citizenry’.
Fundamental Rights all over the world constitutes of minimal as well as the inevitable rights of and for people. Fundamental Rights can be considered as a mark of maturity that a nation can achieve, accept and present to itself as well as other neighbouring countries.
TOPIC: Fundamental Duties as a means to achieve responsible citizenry.
ESSAY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- The Competition is open to all Undergraduate Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognised Institution/University in India.
- The participants must submit an attested copy of their students Identity Card/bonafide certificate along with the essay.
- The essay must be submitted in English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format(.doc/.docx).
- Only one submission per author is permitted. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per essay.
- All entries should include a cover page specifying the name of the author, institutional affiliation, course and year of study, e-mail address and a contact number.
- Any identifying information should not be mentioned anywhere in the text of the essay and violation the same shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
- The suggested word limit for the article is 3500 words inclusive of citations.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract. (abstract – 350 words)
- Abstract and the Essay should be sent in one doc/docx file.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10 and Line Spacing-1.
- The margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
The essay must be sent by email only to researchandpublication[at]slsnagpur.edu.in with the subject ‘Submission for The SLS NAGPUR Essay Writing Competition on FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES’.
- Last Date of Submission: 5th March, 2020 by 11:59 pm.
- Declaration of Results: 15th March, 2020
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
- The result of the competition will be announced on the SLS NAGPUR Website.
- A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all the contestants who have successfully submitted an essay.
1st prize: Rs. 5000/-
2nd prize: Rs. 3000/-
3rd prize: Rs. 2000/-
The result of the competition will be announced on the SLS NAGPUR Website. A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all the contestants who have successfully submitted an essay.
CO-CONVENER: MS. SAYALEE SHEKHAR SURJUSE
Assistant Professor & Faculty Incharge – Research & Publication Cell, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
Mail id: sayaleesurjuse[at]slsnagpur.edu.in
Mr. Kumar Shivam
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.