IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) Hyderabad Chapter is organizing a National Essay Writing Competition on various themes.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organization working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by providing them with equal access to quality legal education. It is a student-run organization that aims to train underprivileged students and transform them into leading lawyers and community advocates.
IDIA conducts sensitizations across India to spread awareness among underprivileged children about opportunities in pursuing law as a career, select promising students and provide training for law entrance examinations, including the Common LawAdmission Test (CLAT), provide financial aid and mentorship to these students once they secure their admission to a leading law school.
IDIA – Kerala Chapter functions from its base at The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi, which is the only National Law University in Kerala. The Kerala Chapter is run entirely by student volunteers from NUALS, with an aim to help underprivileged students in the state.
To know more about IDIA, visit the website here.
About the Essay Competition
The Hyderabad Chapter of IDIA is organizing the National Essay Writing Competition with multiple themes because they believe that the art of writing holds utmost significance as a way to enter other people’s bodies and see the world through their eyes, not only as a tool of communication.
The entries selected from the competition will be published on the following blogs/Journals:
- Law and Other Things (LAOT)
- NALSAR Legal Practice Hub
- The language Rights Blog
- NALSAR Student Law Review (collaboration with IDIA)
The competition’s principal goal is to collect funds for the IDIA Charitable Trust while also channelling students’ creative talents to encourage meaningful engagement with fresh and diverse ideas.
For the details of the themes, kindly refer to the official brochure for the IDIA National Essay Writing Competition (Link given at the end of this post).
- The submission must be no longer than 4000 words with the minimum range of 3000 words.
- The citations must comply with the Bluebook 20th edition.
- The submission must necessarily include the abstract of no longer than 200 words, alongside the requisite keywords.
- The font to be used for the submission must be Times New Roman, size 12 with 115 line spacing, whereas for the citations, font to be used must be Times New Roman, size 10, with 1 line spacing.
How to Participate?
All the entries are to be emailed at email@example.com with “IDIA Essay Writing Competition” as the subject.
Open to all Law students, Professors and Legal Practitioners and all the intending participants have to fill this form by 31st December, 2021.
Rs. 80/- for single author and Rs. 100/- for co-authors
- Account Holder: Yash Jitendra Dodani
- Account Number: 50100428479112
- IFSC: HDFC0000963
- Branch: Gondia
- Account Type: Savings Google Pay Number: 9834544709
- UPI ID: yashdadani04-1@ckhdfcbank
Rewards and Prizes
- Cash Prizes worth 20,000/-
- An Internship Opportunity with Majumdar and Partners (refer to the document attached for more details on this aspect)
- An hour long free- session on leadership skills with Mr. Rohan Bilimoria (Founder, Law Ninjas).
- Last date for registration: December 31, 2021
- Last date for submission: December 31, 2021
For any information or query, please direct the same to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact:
- Contact Number: +919834544709
- Email Address: email@example.com