About the Organisation
The Central Law College, Salem is a private law college in Tamil Nadu, India. The Salem college was opened in 1984. It is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University. Central Law College was founded by Prof. R.V. Dhanapalan in the year 1984.
About the Debate
The Central Law College, Salem is organising Voice of the Youth 2020: National Debate Youth Forum on 30th January 2020.
Participants must be pursuing their Undergraduate degree or Postgraduate degree in any recognised College/Institution/University or students pursuing Diploma or ITI. There is no limitation on the number of participants from one institution.
Format of the Youth Parliament Debate
- There will be only individual participation.
- Youth Parliament Debate will be conducted in two stages. The first stage is the Digital Screening Process. Shortlisted students in the screening process will be called up for the final youth debate.
- A preliminary digital process of registration will be held. Participants will have to upload a video of their speech on any of the topics given in the brochure and e-mail it to voiceoftheyouthclc[at]gmail.com via Google Drive. After attaching the video and pressing send button a message box appears in which the participants have to select the button “Turn link sharing on – Anyone with the link can view”
- Each participant has to send a separate video vocalizing in favour or against any topic which may run between 5 minutes to 7 minutes. Videos have to be sent to the given mail id on or before 14.12.2019.
- The sequence of the video must be – Name, Course, Name of the Institution and the topic on which the participant is going to talk. The subject of the mail should also contain the same details.
- Best among them will be selected and considered for the Final youth debate forum. The discretion of selection solely lies within the institution.
- Shortlisted participants will be notified personally and also the names of the selected participants will be uploaded on the official website.
- The discretion of a total number of students to be selected lies with the institution.
- Shortlisted participants who are selected will have to pay a Registration Fee of Rs. 1000/-
- The selected participants will have to confirm their participation and must send the filled-in registration form along with the fees and travel from within the date specified to the following address:
THE PRINCIPAL, THE CENTRAL LAW COLLEGE, YERCAUD MAIN ROAD, KANNANKURICHI (PO), SALEM- TAMIL NADU-636008.
- Registration fee includes debate kit, working lunch and refreshments.
- Accommodation, local conveyance and hospitality for the selected participants will be provided by the institution.
- The institution holds the exclusive right of holding the videos of the digital screening. They will not be provided for any participant or institution.
- Is Corruption the only endemic malfunction of the political and socio-economic system in India?
- One Nation One Election – A need for good governance
- Uniform Civil Code – A need for the hour
- Nationalization of the health sector
- Are we lacking in the implementation of legislation?
- Is law the best tool in eradicating poverty?
- Does India need a New Education Policy?
- Contemporary Media Regulation – Sufficient or deficit?
- E-Vehicles – Boon or Bane?
The language used for digital screening and for the Final Debate forum will be in English only.
- Last date for submission of video for Digital Screening: 14-12-2019
- Final Debate Forum: 30-01-2020