Kerala Law Academy is conducting its 22nd National Client Consulting Competition 2022 virtually, scheduled to be held from November 10 to 12, 2022.
About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research, and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal has been published continuously since 1977.
The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About the Client Consulting Competition
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the prestigious 22nd National Client Consulting Competition for Justice P. Govinda Menon Memorial Ever Rolling Trophy, hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held on virtual mode from November 10 to 12, 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The Client Consulting Competition is intended to explore the client-lawyer interaction skills and improve the problem analyzing techniques of the students and give such information that a client would like to know regarding his legal problem/case. In order to satiate the client, a lawyer is expected to have excellent listening and advisory skills required to conduct a successful client interview.
The competition is conducted through the online platform Zoom. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
Students pursuing 3 years /5-year LLB course, in Law Colleges/Law schools/Law Universities/ Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
How to Register?
- Provisional Registration: All the interested teams for the competition are requested to duly fill out the google form for the purpose of provisional registration.
- Final Registration: The selected teams will get a confirmation email from us, after which the final registration should be completed by the team on or before October 30, 2022, after complying with the formalities in Clause (2) of the Regulations of the competition, by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website.
Registration Fees: for a team is INR 2750 /-.
Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise two members, only a single team (2 members) is permitted from a college.
- Winners: The Justice P. Govinda Menon Memorial Ever Rolling Trophy, other prizes, and a cash prize of Rs 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand only).
- Runners-up: Trophy, other prizes, and a cash prize of Rs 30,000 (Rupees Thirty Thousand only).
October 30, 2022
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following:
- Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (General Secretary, Moot Court Society): 9744169215
- Adv. Arya Sunil Paul (Assistant Professor & Member MCS Faculty Team): 9495178906
- Gautham Viswam (Student Convenor, Moot Court Society): +91 88910 01101
- Devika S: +91 92072 14441
- Reshma Sukumaran: +91 88613 11368