NAMASTE India-EU Mobility Project offers scholarships for Indian students and scientists to spend a mobility period in Europe on a wide variety of academic fields at different levels of study (Undergraduate, Master, PhD, Post-Doc, and Staff).
Up to 218 scholarships will be awarded for duration from 1 to 36 months, depending on the level and type of mobility. The scholarships cover subsistence allowances, travel costs, tuition fees and insurance costs. The scholarship includes a monthly subsistence allowance paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period.
The application deadline is 10 October 2014.
Study Subject(s): The project offers mobility opportunities in the following study areas as defined by the European Commission: Agricultural Sciences, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Business Studies and Management Sciences, Education, Teacher Training, Engineering, Technology, Geography, Geology, Law, Medical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and a lot more.
(Please visit the university website to browse more information on the specific areas or fields of study available at all levels at each partner University as well as additional information regarding language or academic requirements etc for each program).
Course Level: Scholarships are available at different levels of study (Undergraduate, Master students and PhD and Post-Doctorate and Staff). Undergraduate, Master and Doctorate students registered at Partner Universities can apply for exchange mobilities. Full Degree scholarships are available for individuals wishing to complete a full course of study in Europe.
Scholarship Provider: European Commission
Scholarship can be taken at: Europe
1. To be eligible to apply, Indian undergraduate, Master students and Doctorate and Post-Doctorate Candidates must have a sufficient knowledge of the language of courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting country.
2. For the Candidates from India: you should not have resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries if you want to apply. Please note that this rule does not apply to TG3 Candidates.
3. To be eligible to apply, Indian Administrative and Academic Staff Candidates must: for TG1 Staff Applicants – Staff must work in or be associated to one of the third-country HEIs participating in the NAMASTE Partnership; for TG2 Staff Applicants – Staff must work in or be associated to a HEI
4. Additionally, no student, and no academic staff member can benefit from the second scholarship for the same type of mobility from another EMA2 Strand 1 project and cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project. There are no mobility flows for student and academic staff between institutions in India of the partnership. Mobility is only from India to Europe.
5. Target group 1: Undergraduate: Enrolled in an undergraduate university course at a partner university for the complete duration of the mobility (completed at least the first year); Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a partner university; Master degree: Enrolled in a master course at a partner university or employed by a partner university; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner university; Doctorate degree: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner university or employed by a partner university; Post-Doctorate: Must have obtained a doctorate degree and must be employed by a partner university and Staff: Must be working as academic or administrative staff at a partner university.
6. Target group 2: Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a non-partner university; Master degree: Holding an undergraduate degree at the time of mobility from any university of the targeted countries; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a non-partner university in one the targeted countries; Doctorate degree: Holding an master degree at the time of mobility from any university of the targeted countries; Post-Doctorate: Must have obtained a doctorate degree from any university of the targeted countries and Staff: Must be working as academic or administrative staff at any institution of the targeted countries.
7. Target group 3: Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a partner- or non-partner university; Master degree: candidates must have obtained an undergraduate university degree or must have completed 3 years of university studies; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner- or non-partner university and Doctorate degree: Holding an master degree at the time of mobility.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of India can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: NAMASTE India – EU Mobility Project provides scholarships for students, researchers and staff from India in order to study, do research, training or teaching at one of the European Universities of the Partnership. Scholarships are not available for mobility from Europe to India, nor among the Indian universities. Undergraduate, Master and Doctorate students registered at Partner Universities can apply for exchange mobilities. Full Degree scholarships are available for individuals wishing to complete a full course of study in Europe.
Number of award(s): Up to 218 scholarships will be awarded.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are available for duration from 1 to 36 months, depending on the level and type of mobility.
Undergraduate- exchange: 6 and 10
Master -exchange: 6 and 10
Master-full degree: 10
Master-full degree: 24
Doctorate-exchange: 6 and 10
Post-doctorate: 6 and 10
Academic/Administrative Staff: 1
What does it cover?
The scholarship includes a monthly subsistence allowance paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period:
-Undergraduate: 1,000 euro
-Master: 1,000 euro
-Doctorate: 1,500 euro
-Post-doctorate: 1,800 euro
-Academic/Administrative Staff: 2,500 euro
Included in the scholarship, the Partnership will also:
a. pay for your travel costs (maximum 2,000 euro);
b. provide you with a high quality individual insurance coverage on health, travel, accident for the duration of your mobility period;
c. cover all university fees at the hosting universities.
d. Participants at any level will not be required to pay any fees to the host universities. Exchange students will continue paying their fees at their university of origin.
Valid and eligible applications are evaluated on the basis of these criteria:
1. Main evaluation criteria: Academic relevance verified through transcripts of records, degrees, work plan proposal, teaching or working experience, recommendation letters; Language skills, as required for the chosen program; Motivation
2. Cross-cutting evaluation criteria: Gender balance; Disadvantaged conditions such as disabilities and economical disadvantage
Notification: Applications are evaluated and selected within three months from the Call for Application closing. All applicants will be notified by email of the selection outcomes.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the online application system. The required documents are:
-Certified copies of certificates and transcript of records (with translations if necessary)
-Approved ECTS study plan (in case of credit seeker students at BA-MA level) – ECTS study plan form is provided on the website.
-Language certificates on the language of instruction (a statement given by the home institution is enough for exchange students, but for degree seeker students, an internationally recognised language test- TOEFL, IELTS or the local language test e.g. Portugese for IST and German for UGOE, may be required)
-CV (preferably in Europass format)
-Research and training programme (for doctorate and post doctorate mobility)
-Teaching, research and training programme (for staff mobility)
-Documents indicating the candidate belongs to TG3 (required for TG applicants)
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 10 October 2014.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application can be accessed HERE.