Two Day National Symposium on the Emergence of the Philosophy of International Law- A Bird’s Eye Views on Jurisprudence – organised by the Department of Studies in Law, University of Mysore, Mysuru, Karnataka.
The aim of the seminar is to give an insight into the way International Law works in practice, to provide in depth understanding of the matter of legal relations among the states, critically asses highly controversial concepts of Public International Law, asses the role of UN and its mechanism for dispute resolution. It also aims to sensitize policy makers, academicians and the public at large on these vital issues.
Sub themes are as follows
1. International Organizations
2. Substantive principles of contemporary international law-sovereign equality of states –
nonintervention – nonuse of force, international cooperation – peaceful settlement of
disputes and self determination
3. Application of international law in the municipal sphere
4. International Criminal Law
5. International Environmental Law
6. Law of Treaties
7. Colonialism , Imperialism and Post modernism
8. World Trade Law
9. International Economic Law
10. Law of the Sea –new challenges
11. Concept and philosophy of human rights
12. International Humanitarian Law
13. Sovereignty over the air space
Call for Papers
Seminar papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students.
Guidelines for Submission of Paper:
An abstract should contain no more than 250-300 words accompanied by a brief profile of the authors indicating their name, designation, email-id, contact number and official address.
The paper should be original, problem and result oriented. The full paper must not exceed a maximum of 6000 words (excluding footnotes).
The abstract and full paper must be formatted in adherence to the following guidelines:
- Font Size- Times New Roman, 12 for text, 10 for footnote.
- Line spacing- 1.5 for text, single for footnotes
- For Citation and Reference: Bluebook Method of Citation.
- File Format: Microsoft Word Document.
- The full paper to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Demand Draft should be in favor of “The Chairman , Department of Studies in Law, University of Mysore payable at State Bank of India, Manasaganotri Campus, Mysore.
Academicians/Teachers/Paper Presenters – Rs. 750
Research Scholars and Public: non presenter – 500
Students: non presenter – Rs. 300
Demand Draft should be in favor of “The Chairman , Department of Studies in Law, University of Mysore payable at State Bank of India, Manasangotri Campus, Mysore”.
- Seminar dates: 27th & 28th March 2018
- Submission of Abstract: 15th March 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 16th March 2018
- Submission of full papers: 20th March 2018
The participants are requested to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. However, the Department will take care of the local hospitality.
Dr. Ramesh, Chairman and Symposium Director
Mobile No: 9448801121
Dr. Maruthi .T R, Coordinator of the Symposium
Click here for the brochure.
This post was first published on: March 12, 2018