MyGov is a unique initiative which was launched on July 26, 2014 as a participatory governance initiative involving the common citizens. The idea of MyGov brings the government closer to the common man by the use of online platform creating an interface for healthy exchange of ideas and views involving the common citizen and experts with the ultimate goal to contribute to the social and economic transformation of India. In its short span of existence till date, MyGov platform has been more than successful in keeping the citizens engaged on important policy issues and governance, be it Clean Ganga, Girl Child Education, Skill Development and Healthy India to name a few.
My Gov is looking for dynamic, energetic interns who are eager to learn about Citizen Engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities
The interns will get an opportunity to work with My Gov for some exciting work. The domains of the internship are:
- Innovation: Innovation is at the forefront of New India 2.0. New technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain are taking the centre stage in digitally led inclusive development. Simultaneously, with India being one of the largest producers of data in the world – there is a need to transform this data into meaningful and impactful information. Interns working in Innovation will engage in enabling positive change through emerging technologies and data analytics.
- Design: As the Government continues investment in social welfare projects and schemes across States and Departments, ‘Design Thinking’ has become a key pillar in ensuring maximum benefits for citizens. Interns working in this domain will be responsible for ensuring that Government programmes are citizen centric, context specific and easily accessible, using the principles espoused by ‘Design Thinking’.
- Outreach: MyGov has more than 9.3 Million users who contribute their ideas through discussions and, the platform gets more than 10,000 posts per weeks on various issues. Interns working in this domain will work on maximising outreach via online and offline engagements, using multiple mediums.
- Undergraduate or a graduate
- Eager to learn and work with various departments in the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Social Media Tools
- Desire to Innovate and Excel
Starting in the month of December, the minimum duration of internship shall be of one month, extendable up to two months; depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Department and time the intern is willing to spend with the Department.
For winter internship, learning is the only remuneration along with a Certificate of Internship and no cash remuneration can be given.
Certificates will be issued by MyGov to the interns on the completion of Internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by the Competent Authority.
How to apply
Interested candidates must register on the MyGov website and apply for the internship.