NHRC (National Human Rights Commission) is inviting applications for recruitment for various positions (including those for law graduates).
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 (PHRA).
The NHRC is the National Human Rights Commission of India, responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, defined by the Act as “Rights Relating To Life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
About the Job Opportunity
Applications are invited for filling up 30 vacancies on deputation (including short-term contract) basis in National Human Rights Commission.
Please Note: This post only highlights the positions that are for law graduates. For details on the other positions, please refer to the official notification.
Positions and Number of Vacancies
- Registrar (Law): 01 (One)
- Presenting Officer: 02 (Two)
- Research Officer: 01 (One)
- Section Officer: 01 (One)
Total: 05 (Five)
Officers holding the post of Registrar (Judicial) of Supreme Court or High Courts or Tribunals or Members of Higher Judiciary in State Judicial Services, possessing the following educational qualification:
Essential: Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate Degree in law from a recognised university.
- Research experience in one of the following fields:
- Constitutional Law and its Theory
- Human Rights jurisprudence
Judicial Officer who is holding or who has held the post of District or Additional District and Sessions Judge or Special Judge.
Officers under the Central Government, State Government, Union territories, autonomous or statutory organisations, Public Sector Undertakings, Universities or recognised Research Institutions;
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department. OR
(ii) with five years’ service rendered after appointment to the post on a regular basis in level-12 (Rs.78800-209200) in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department, and
(b) possessing 5 years of experience in personnel and general administrative matters.
Officers under the Central Government;
a) Holding analogous posts on a regular basis, OR
With 8 years regular service in Pay Matrix Levci -6 [PB-2] 9300-34,800/ GP Rs. 4200/ (pre-revised)] or equivalent, and
b) Possessing experience of Administration/ establishment in Account Matters
Desirable: A degree in law
How to Apply?
- The applications of eligible candidates who have desirous of being considered for appointment to the posts meant for deputation and can be spared immediately, may please be forwarded to the
Deputy Secretary, National Human Rights Commission, Manav Adhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023 latest by 45 days from the publication of the advertisement in Employment News along with attested photocopies of APARs for the last 05 years, Integrity Certificate and vigilance/disciplinary clearance.
- Applications received on or before closing date of advertisement through proper channel will only be considered.
- Any application received directly will not be entertained.
- The forwarding authority may also certify the information furnished by the candidate in application forme
Note: The application proforma has been annexed to the official notification by NHRC.