M.S. Ramaiah Journal of Law (MSRJL – ISSN: 0975-9905) is a bi-annual peer-reviewed Journal published by Ramaiah College of Law (affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi). The primary object of the journal is to encourage legal scholarship on issues that are at the forefront of contemporary legal discourse.
The journal invites original contributions on Contemporary Legal Issues in the form of Articles, Essays, Case comments and Book Reviews for its upcoming issue to be published in the month of December 2018. The journal welcomes contributions from academicians, judicial officers, practitioners, activists, research scholars and students of law.
All contributions received are run through plagiarism software for authentication of originality before being considered for peer review.
All contributions shall be submitted along with a covering letter and a copy of the duly filled up Declaration Form.
The covering letter should include
(i) Title of the Paper;
(ii) Name of the Author;
(v) Correspondence address.
Co-authored papers should give full details about all the authors (The author for correspondence must be specifically identified). Contributors shall submit an abstract of not more than 300 words focusing on Important Contemporary Legal Issues. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to submit the full paper.
Authors are requested to send their contributions in electronic form (MS Word) only to [email protected].
Last Date for Submission of Abstracts: 28th October, 2018
Communication of Selection of Abstracts: 5th November, 2018
Submission of Final Paper: 22nd November, 2018
Confirmation of Acceptance for Publication 15th December, 2018
- Main Text: Times New Roman, 12 Font Size, 1.5 line spacing and justified.
- Foot Notes: Times New Roman, 10 Font Size, single spacing and justified.
- Citation: The Harvard Bluebook (20th edition)
- Charts/ Tables (if any) should be made a part of the main text itself.
- Words Limit (excluding footnotes) for different Types of contributions
- Articles: 6,000-8,000 words;
- Short Articles: 4000- 6000 words;
- Essays: 4000- 6000 words;
- Case Comments (of judgments delivered in 2018): 2000-3000 words;
- Statute Analysis (of statutes enacted in 2018); 2000-3000 words and
- Book Reviews (of books published in 2018): 900 – 1000 words.
All queries, clarifications as well as contributions for the journal should be sent to the Editorial Board at [email protected]