Maharashtra National Law University is going to organize the One Week Faculty development program on 14th January 2020 (Tuesday) – 20th January 2020 (Monday).
About the Programme
This Faculty Development Program is designed to get participants acquainted with innovative methods for research in law and research-based teaching. The expert speakers will discuss the intricacies of research and research-based teaching in law while identifying the gaps and suggesting reforms.
This program will be conducted by some of the leading scholars in teaching and the legal profession, including Professors and Professionals who will train participants to improve their teaching and research skills and also provide them with the relevant exposure to the emerging horizons of research methodology and legal research.
The purpose of this program is to provide an opportunity for distinguished researchers/teachers in India to engage themselves with the senior faculty members and professionals and to have a direct feel of their experiences and perspectives relating to teaching and research.
Aims and Objective
- To acquaint the participants with the intricacies of legal research and research-based teaching.
- To familiarize the faculty participants with innovative teaching-learning and legal research methods.
- To train the participants to upgrade their knowledge and skills which will enable them to undertake meaningful research activities including policy research.
- To equip the participants with the ability to effectively assimilate and impart knowledge in different areas of law.
- To enhance the overall teaching and research capabilities of participants.
- Introduction to Research in Law – Conventional and Non- Conventional.
- Types and components of Legal Research – Literature Review, identification of research gaps, the setting of objectives and hypothesis, etc.
- Writing a research paper, books, etc. Collection, use, tools, and analysis of data.
- Inter-Disciplinary and Multi-Disciplinary Research. Methods of Teaching and Research.
- Jurimetrics / Quantitative Methods in Research.
- Writing research proposals, research projects, reports and approaching funding agencies.
- Empirical Research. Judgment analysis, book review, etc.
- Research ethics.
Professionals, Scholars, Faculty Members from any stream of knowledge.
Registration Procedure and Fees
The Registration fees shall be Rs. 4000/- which shall include the accommodation reading material, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Rs. 2500/- without accommodation. Payment of fees can be made by fund transfer/ deposit to the following account.
- Name of Account Holder: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai Account Number: 8709000100018239
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Branch: Powai
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
Only 40 participations are allowed. Reporting time at the registration desk on 14th January 2020 is 10:00 am
Prof. (Dr.) Anil G. Variath: +91 9869011210
Dr. Kiran Rai: email@example.com
Dr. Anand Raut: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAIL ID: MNLUMreach@gmail.com
Click here for the brochure.