The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD or WCD) is inviting applications from students for its Internship Programmes being offered in short-term orientation.
About the Ministry of WCD
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, a branch of the Government of India, is an apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to women and child development in India.
About the Internship Programme
Ministry of Woman and Child Development (MWCD) is inviting nominations from students undergoing Graduation/Post Graduation Course in different academic Institutions/Universities under ‘Internship Programmes of the Ministry by offering short-term orientation’.
The students/scholars enrolled in different Universities/Academic institutions willing to undertake pilot projects/micro-studies focusing on the ongoing activities of the Ministry may forward their nomination through the Head of the institution to this Ministry.
The Ministry provides a qualitative exposure to students to its mandate and also have specific programmes and policy analysis at the hands of the target group to make them proactive to raise the issue of women and children on various platforms in future.
A. Short Term Internship Programme (1-2 months)
- During Summer Break: April to May; June to July
- During Winter Break: October to November; November; December to January
B. Long Term Internship Programme (6 months)
- May to October
- November to April
Responsibilities of the Interns
- 1-Month Internships
- Participation in planning and research related activities at elementary level for exposure to the schemes and programmes of the Ministry.
- Developing vision and mission for betterment of women and children; critical appraisal of schemes/ programmes of the Ministry and outside the Ministry emerging in the current scenario for improving lot of women and children in the country.
- Compilation/collation of data/information on various schemes of the Ministry and policy relevant statistics.
- Visit to field projects.
- Any other activities that may be necessary in the interest of the Ministry and Interns.
- 2-Month Internships
- Participation in planning and research related activities. Students are expected to undertake short duration pilot studies/surveys besides undertaking evaluation of MWCD schemes on the issues identified and justified by them or issues listed by the Ministry form its areas of interest/work.
- To provide inputs for policy formulation/scheme implementation through empirical research work with the Ministry to supplement the process of policy formulation, implementation of scheme and other initiatives related to women and children.
- Participation in-country Seminars/Work or interaction at any such platforms that MWCD may find relevant for young students/scholars for exposure in the field of gender issues and children.
- 6-Months Internships
- The activities for interns during this period will be as provided under 2-month internship scheme above.
- Short-term (1-month) Internship: Students who are doing their undergraduate courses in any subject
- 2-months Internship: Those candidates who have completed their graduations in any discipline/subject
- Long-term Internship of 6 months: Currently enrolled PG students and those who have completed their PG degrees from any discipline would be eligible to apply.
Ministry may also consider candidates of experience and PG/PhD degree holders for this long-term internship.
Ineligibility: Candidates who already have completed any of the Internship Programme of MWCD will not be eligible.
Perks and Stipend
- A certificate to an Intern on successful completion of his/her internship on terms such as submission/presentation of papers/reports of the work done assigned by the Ministry to an Intern.
- For short-term Internship: Ministry in future may consider paying the interns a lump sum monthly stipend of Rs. 5,000/-, as incentive. Interns proceeding on tour, as part of the internship would be reimbursed Travel cost (By deluxe/AC bus/2nd AC train journey) and DA as per GOI rates.
- For long-term Internship: Interns would receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000/- and reimbursement of Travel cost (By deluxe/ AC bus / 2nd AC train journey) and DA as per GOI rates.
- Interns would be provided necessary logistics such as sitting arrangement, internet facility and stationery items etc.
How to Apply?
- STEP 1: Register through the Login portal.
- STEP 2: After successful registration, go to LOGIN at the top right of the webpage.
- STEP 3: Use the email address and password used at the time of registration for logging in
- STEP 4: Candidates are required to upload latest passport size photograph by updating profile
- STEP 5: Fill the application form
- STEP 6: Take the print out of duly filled form for recommendation of Head of your Academy/Department/Institution.
- STEP 7: Upload the duly signed recommended form on the portal for final submission
- Purely on academic merit and/or interviews
- Selection of Interns would be made by a Selection Committee comprising of different Bureau Headsor their representatives in the Ministry handling different subject matters which would subsequently have approval of the Secretary, MWCD.
- Where necessary, Ministry may also invite certain faculty members/subject experts from Universities/reputed research Institutes for the selection process.
Ms. Suman Patel
Assistant Director & Coordinator (IS)
Ministry of Women and Child Development | GOI
Ground Floor, Jeevan Tara Building, Ashoka Road, Patel Chowk
New Delhi – 110001
Email Address: [email protected]
Click here for detailed information about the internship.